GM Takata airbag mailer

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
Got mine for the 2008 Silverado, how about you?
PXL_20230911_211239838.jpg

My GM vivisected 2006 Saab got this corrective surgery a few years ago. Your notification makes you really tardy to the dance. Most fifteen year old GM spawn have already gone to auto Valhalla.

Last edited:
Everyone I know (7 people) that have/had a 09-13 Tahoes/Yukons had them replaced and all of them experienced dash cracks, instrument gauge failures and what not and the dealers swore that they never caused the issues that happened during or after the change out of the airbag. Some of the folks already had dash cracks and that was a documented problem but it got worse after the install. Needless to say my wifes' 2011 has not been changed out yet.

I did try to make 3 appointments when we were first notified that they were in stock and 3 local dealers said they were not in yet(despite the post card sent stating from the dealer that they were) that was close to 2 yrs ago.

So the heck with it. her truck runs fine and she is happy with it.

Last edited:
I get a never ending supply of these postcards. I should make fan art like people did with AOL disks.

My instrument panel has problems anyway, and it hasn't been touched by the dealer.

I get cards from both GM itself and local dealers wanting the business. I don't carry a passenger enough to really care.

I get a never ending supply of these postcards. I should make fan art like people did with AOL disks.
I sure got enough of those for my Cobalt power steering assist motor recall and ignition switch recall.... Making some artwork out of them is probably a good idea.

My instrument panel has problems anyway, and it hasn't been touched by the dealer.

I get cards from both GM itself and local dealers wanting the business. I don't carry a passenger enough to really care.
Did you at least disable the airbag just in case?

Back