Glock 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called all over the day of release on Monday and everyone was sold out of there allocation. Managed to find the last one at a LGS yesterday. I am not usually one to jump on the bandwagon so quick with a new product but this thing is really cool. Range trip today.

g44.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, local stores here can't give those away. Everyone who wanted a 22L pistol already bought the Taurus TRX22

Originally Posted by thastinger
Interesting, local stores here can't give those away. Everyone who wanted a 22L pistol already bought the Taurus TRX22

The thing with this is if you already have Glocks this gun is almost identical inside and out. I own a Ruger SR22 and it is an excellent pistol but is also a total different manual of arms D/A S/A. The G44 fits my holsters and uses the same sights as all my 9MM guns. I am aware the Taurus is also striker fired but still not the same as my Glocks.

That's an interesting to say when the release date was just 2 days ago.

If you own Glocks this is pretty much a must have. Waiting for some real world shooting and reliability reports. Nothing finds the flaws in a gun like the general public.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Nothing finds the flaws in a gun like the general public.

*Cough cough* 450 Bushmaster magazines
lol.gif

Cool idea, but no way am I paying Glock money for a 22. I get the "similarity" comments though, but using the 22 for training is only valid as far as handling and operating magazine release and controls... since recoil and muzzle flash will be different compared to the actual carry gun, there's only so much that truly crosses over. Training with the real deal, in as close to actual situations, even in limited quantity, will always pay off more than giving yourself a false sense of familiarity through live-fire training with a 22.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Nothing finds the flaws in a gun like the general public.

*Cough cough* 450 Bushmaster magazines
lol.gif

Cool idea, but no way am I paying Glock money for a 22. I get the "similarity" comments though, but using the 22 for training is only valid as far as handling and operating magazine release and controls... since recoil and muzzle flash will be different compared to the actual carry gun, there's only so much that truly crosses over. Training with the real deal, in as close to actual situations, even in limited quantity, will always pay off more than giving yourself a false sense of familiarity through live-fire training with a 22.

That's a valid point.
But were I Glock shooter, I'd probably pick one of these up.
Nothing wrong with using a .22 to save some of your ammo cost.
I train with a similar weight & speed load in all of my pistols and wheelguns that are carry guns, but I don't necessarily run premium defensive rounds through for the hundreds of rounds I shoot for training/practice.
Similarly, if a Glock shooter wanted to take one of these to the range and run through 100 rounds of .22 before switching to his 19 and getting in 100 rounds of 115g, 124g or 147g, he did just get himself a little more trigger time and save a few bucks.
Plus, let's face it ... hardcore Glock guys hardcore Glock guys. They're going to like to have what they like to have. Nothing wrong with having a Glock in .22 and enjoying it, IMO.
Personally, I've got a couple .22 pistols and a couple of .22 revolvers ... but I consider them more fun guns than truly for training.
When it's truly time to get your defensive training on, you want the gun (or guns) you carry.
That said, my wallet won't let me enjoy all the shooting I'd like in purely centerfire. Sometimes to get my fill of giggles, I'm going to run through a bunch .22 Of course, as everyone knows, the other PITA costs ... magazines.
There's no winning when you've got the bug.

That's an interesting to say when the release date was just 2 days ago.

I hadn't even heard of it until now. Maybe he's thinking of a different Glock, maybe a 42 (the 380 version)?

Sounds interesting.

Originally Posted by MGF1964

Nothing wrong with using a .22 to save some of your ammo cost.
I train with a similar weight & speed load in all of my pistols and wheelguns that are carry guns, but I don't necessarily run premium defensive rounds through for the hundreds of rounds I shoot for training/practice.
Similarly, if a Glock shooter wanted to take one of these to the range and run through 100 rounds of .22 before switching to his 19 and getting in 100 rounds of 115g, 124g or 147g, he did just get himself a little more trigger time and save a few bucks.

Completely agree... just didn't want all the hoopla over the new model to overshadow the fact that even though it feels the same in hand "having fun" does not mean it's going to correctly train muscle memory and give you an idea of how to recover quickly from recoil and muzzle flash. SIG and Browning (probably others too by now) have been doing great things by making FMJs and defensive rounds in same bullet weights and matching charges so range time exactly mimics real use but at a much cheaper cost. SIG offers the 365 version of 9mm in 20 rounds HP for $19.99 MSRP or 50 rounds of FMJ for $19.99 and they have same weight and muzzle velocity. But yes, I am all about cheap fun, that's why I got an H&K USP Compact
crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Took the G44 to the range today and it was flawless and very accurate. Remington golden bullet , CCI, Federal Automatch, Federal Stingers. No failures in 150 rounds so a good start. I like it a lot, sights are adjustable but were dead on.

Originally Posted by bradepb
Took the G44 to the range today and it was flawless and very accurate. Remington golden bullet , CCI, Federal Automatch, Federal Stingers. No failures in 150 rounds so a good start. I like it a lot, sights are adjustable but were dead on.

Great! I'll likely pick one of these up when they get them to a 15 round capacity, or at least something more than 10. There has to be room in there for more, right?

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Hopefully there's a way to mount a red dot. I may pick one up then.

There will never be a slide mounted red dot for this gun.

There are aftermarket rails that mount to the front rail that could work.

Originally Posted by IndyFan

Great! I'll likely pick one of these up when they get them to a 15 round capacity, or at least something more than 10. There has to be room in there for more, right?

Glock says the reason for ten rounds is there top priority was reliability a single stack for rimfire ammo is the most reliable.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
$360 for a 22 pistol?

Yeah, I know it seems inexpensive compared to a S&W 41 or Ruger Mark IV, but for those who like Glocks, it is a new product for their safe.

Originally Posted by IndyFan

Glock says the reason for ten rounds is there top priority was reliability a single stack for rimfire ammo is the most reliable.

I can see that, but I've got a GSG 1911-22 and put new followers in the mags making them 14 rounders. They run flawlessly. So, it can be done. I read somewhere that they would later offer increased capacity.

Still, neat gun. I'd love to shoot one.

Or the SR-22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back