genuine honda ATF for $5 a quart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's interesting to me is that as a layman magnesium is apparently used as a detergent in oil, so it is possible that this is used to keep shift solenoids clean on the Honda automatic units along with the rock screens?

Originally Posted by AC1DD
What's interesting to me is that as a layman magnesium is apparently used as a detergent in oil, so it is possible that this is used to keep shift solenoids clean on the Honda automatic units along with the rock screens?

The totality of the Friction Modifier "group" in Step-Shift ATF's consist of the mixture of Calcium, Magnesium, the dispersant, and the organic friction modifiers.

The Anti-Wear group consists mostly of the phosphorus-boron chemistry with some minor sulfur chemistry.

In DW-1 the Calcium level is 1.5 X the nominal levels seen in Step-Shift fluids,

In DW-1 the Magnesium level is 68 X the nominal levels seen in Step-Shift fluids,

In DW-1 the Phosphorus level is 0.0035 X the nominal levels seen in Step-Shift fluids,

In DW-1 the Calcium level is 1.5 X the nominal levels seen in Step-Shift fluids,

In DW-1 the Zinc level is 100 X the nominal levels seen in Step-Shift fluids.

Which is why I stated in the Analysis article,
...Owners' of Step-Shift automatic transmissions should avoid using this product in any Step-Shift automatic transmission....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by zaffo757
I use Valvoline MAXLIFE ATF since new. 135k now. Works great.

That's great that your anecdotal experience is positive so far.
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back