General Motors has discovered a new source of income: fixing people's Teslas.

How is this any different than Tesla owners taking their car to Midas for a brake job or the corner indy for that matter which have probably serviced 100,000 Teslas. (bet you thought I was going to say, for a muffler job)

How is this any different than Tesla owners taking their car to Midas for a brake job or the corner indy for that matter which have probably serviced 100,000 Teslas. (bet you thought I was going to say, for a muffler job)
I do my own Tesla oil changes, trans service, etc. Even though I can't fine the engine oil fill hole. I just pour it all over the and it soakes in. So far so good.

Pretty sure GM will be in financial trouble without my business. Sorry about that Mary!

Since this has already gone political.... I didn't want free money. Those stimulus checks are not free, I already paid for them with my taxes. It was a refund on a small part of the taxes I already paid. So for me to send back my "free" money would be voluntarily sending in additional taxes to the gubmint. Tired of people making this ridiculous statement.

Funny thing is, people who made "too much" money didn't get those stimulus checks. And people who made "too much" money likely paid more in taxes than the people who made "just enough" money to get a stimulus check.

A plan could have been only USA/ North American made vehicles for 20 years can be sold in the USA....

When forces other than the free market picks the winners and losers- the long-term end-state is very predictable.
1st sentence: Didnt Oz just do that? Kicked out Ford, Toy, etc? Y? They were failing (against all the pacific rim) and demanded gov funds to build any longer there.
2nd sent: didnt the puter revolution start w/gov support (NASA)?
I know these can B seen as anecdotal but R there & so I throw in for consideration of counter point

Im big on GM right now but not invested, I am watching them. I think they are in a great position for the future. I hope they dont screw it up again.
I have been waiting for MANY (before many of you were born!) decades for them to FINALLY kick that football that Lucy keeps pulling away at the last minute.
They have the infrastructure that is for sure.

Their Bolt is the only EV I'd buy. That seems to be the reasonable one.

11,000 since 21 doesn't seem like that many to me considering the number of dealers and cars that likely go trough... also how did they count? Did they count used car inspections and the like?

Seems like click bait.

Anyway, in a former life when i worked in a 4 line GM dealer we had a few odd vehicles through, not counting Diahatsu which we also sold and used cars we had a number of clients who brought their other makes to us. We would likely not take just anything cold off the street.

The dealer i used to work for still has a number of clients who bring other makes to them, some commercial clients and some who even bring stuff that would likely be in warranty else where (and they do advise them this)

I suspect this is what's going on, a guy has a GM or two and a Tesla - Knows his GM dealer and takes it there for some routine stuff.

Also some of the higher line dealers and tesla is one seem to exude this attitude that they are doing you a favor by working on your car... GM dealers as a rule don't exude that sort of attitude....

11,000 since 21 doesn't seem like that many to me
If my math is correct, with 1675 GM dealers in the US, it works out to less than 1 Tesla (actually 0.02) per day and that's only for one year. If it's up to two years, the number is absolutely inconsequential.

I do my own Tesla oil changes, trans service, etc. Even though I can't fine the engine oil fill hole. I just pour it all over the and it soakes in. So far so good.

Pretty sure GM will be in financial trouble without my business. Sorry about that Mary!
You ever do the gear oil ?

Im big on GM right now but not invested, I am watching them. I think they are in a great position for the future. I hope they dont screw it up again.
I have been waiting for MANY (before many of you were born!) decades for them to FINALLY kick that football that Lucy keeps pulling away at the last minute.
They have the infrastructure that is for sure.

I'm long and overweight GM. Mary Barra is one of the great CEOs of American business. The autistic boy who just overpaid for Twitter is not the person I want to give my money to. Obviously, others disagree about TSLA.

I'm long and overweight GM. Mary Barra is one of the great CEOs of American business. The autistic boy who just overpaid for Twitter is not the person I want to give my money to. Obviously, others disagree about TSLA.
Yeah even though I’m fully invested I did have some funds on the side, I may or may not but I regret not before it’s 15% GM run up just a few weeks back🫤

Back