GC 0w30, 4400 miles, 2000 Firehawk LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA using GC. I switched to GC after doing 2 cleaning/rinse cycles of Auto RX. I also added, I believe, 8 oz of LC with the initial fill and about 1.5 ounces per 1,000 miles.

So, what do you guys think?? The only thing that concerns me I guess is the silicon. I run a ram air setup that gets it air from the lower radiator dam, so I am susceptible to all sorts of road debris if my filter doesn't do it's job. I was running a Baldwin filter for the majority of this cycle and am now running as Wix (which has more pleats than the Baldwin I took out). I also always put a thin film of silicon grease on the rubber sealing surface of the filter to help with sealing. I don't know if this could be causing my silicon to be a bit high or not.

Paul

-

yep, Redline....how did you know? lol
yeah, I will be waiting for his comments. I just thought I would see what some of you guys thought. To me it looks a bit better than my older Redline UOA's....but that's just me lol

BTW, this is the older '02 batch of GC I believe...the stuff that has been known to show higher iron content I think....?

It looks good. My only comment is that you waited some GC. You could have gone at least 4,000-5,000 more miles on this oil.

yeah, I know....well, now I know. I was starting to let my conscious get to me though as this oil was in my car for a year and a half.

Cu was trending down with the RL as time went on. You could have gone further with this oil.

Earlier analyses showed some evidence of dirt ingestion - note the Al levels. However this latest run show very low, upper engine metals, ie Cr/Fe/Ni/Al. So I think the air filter is doing an okay job.

It looks like you're only driving about 5k-6k per year? Under those conditions I'd be tempted to run the same batch of synthetic for two years and only change oil filters.

TS

hey guys, just wondering how long it took Terry to send you is remarks on your analysis'? The few times I have used him he always sent me them within the day after Blackstone sent the results to him/I. I am not really concerned, I just was hoping that, one, it didn't get lost in transit or two, his response didn't get filtered into my trash folder on accident.

thanks,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back