Gas pump lubrication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short

some [censored] family member bought a FI model of a bike that from my google-fu , is prone to ..

gas pump overheating.

I'd say t was a design problem but how on earth do you prevent the premature death of a poorly designed gas pump using modern gas additives?

I had a noisy fuel pump, and MMO markedly quieted it, as did LUCL, TCW3, FP60, etc.

Essentially any cleaning additive that has an UCL component to it and minimal solvents.

TCW3 is... 2 cycle oil?

woah, wont that clog the fuel injuector port up?

I think i'll grab some FP60 thou , easily avaliable but not cheap in my area of the woods.

Originally Posted By: vo_marz
TCW3 is... 2 cycle oil?

woah, wont that clog the fuel injuector port up?

I think i'll grab some FP60 thou , easily avaliable but not cheap in my area of the woods.

NO. you only mix 1 oz per tank (5 gallons). Some 2 stroke bikes and 2 stroke outboard marine engines use fuel injectors. 2 stroke oil is not a solid so it shouldn't clog up anything. It will probably reduce clogging. I ran 2 cycle oil in my ZR-7s for 90K miles, and the carbs were spotless inside, as was the intake valves. The fuel tank had no rust.

the only thing I can see "clogging" is if someone were to put something into the tank directly.....or contaminant at the pump (rust..etc....) or offroading "mud" I suppose.

As far as your situation, I'd say go with either MMO doses, 1-4 oz. per 10 gallons of gas....or TCW-3, at 1-2 oz. per 5 gallons of gas...better to be on the "light" side than the heavy side.....and yes, it will mix with the gasoline no problem.

But the MMO has me hooked. I typically keep my MMO rate at 3.5 oz. per 10 gallons...but yea, sometimes the "road side measuring" ain't the best
wink.gif

I read in another thread that Walmart actually sells 'beakers' or 'graduated cylinder' type accessories in their housewares dept...may have to check into that
wink.gif
Other thing I was thinking was one of those cheap "rain gauges" that they got in the hardware or garden department
wink.gif
But, it would have to be glass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back