FVP Full synthetic anyone?

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Best bet is to get a full-synthetic 5-quart jug at walmart for cheap. Or mail order it off their website.

Super Tech now has a Dexos version. Hard to argue with that.

SF

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Best bet is to get a full-synthetic 5-quart jug at walmart for cheap. Or mail order it off their website.

Super Tech also has a Dexos version. Hard to argue with that.

SF

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
See if this works.

That's a handy link - downloaded, too.
wink.gif

Thanks for the info! Might I ask what you use for your Chev? I'm trying to decide what I want to use in my Ram, I like the price point of the FVP, and it's based out of MN which is my home state, but want to take care of my new baby.
I am on my fifth fill of FVP 5W30 CONVENTIONAL with WIX FILTER. MY push rod GM V6 3.5L loves it. 180000 miles and you cannot here that
motor idle..3000+miles to the qt (it would be better but I am the 2nd owner) and 24mpg highway.

Hey guys, new to the forum, been doing a lot of reading on here though. A lot of you guys know a lot more about the stats than me. Can anyone tell me if the FVP oil sold dirt cheap is any good? See the Product info sheet here http://www.fvpparts.com/files/4113/8377/1439/Full_Syn_Oil.pdf About the only thing I can make out of the sheet is the cold pour point, which I think is good, but I don't know what the rest of it is.

TIA
Now it is 3/21..FVP IS NOW. ILSAC 6A OR 6B and API SP+. I am on my 5th OCI 5000+miles change (WIX)..and at 85000+ my 2005 GM 3.5L v6 loves it..at..$2..50-$4 /qt

Thanks for the info! Might I ask what you use for your Chev? I'm trying to decide what I want to use in my Ram, I like the price point of the FVP, and it's based out of MN which is my home state, but want to take care of my new baby.
I am on my fifth 5000 mile OCI..2005 PONTIAC MONTANA. I AM 78 and since 1959 I rotated Formula Shell 10w30, Mobil, Castrol Gtx. I use nothing but FVP now..always less than $3/q. And it performs maybe better than aforementioned. So far my filter has been $7 WIX ..or NAPA Gold. I might switch to Purolator ONE if they start a price war....i.e buy the cheapest. FVP 5w30 conventonal..now ILSAC 6A/ API SP+ .$2.50/QT MENARDS. AFTER 40000? Oil burn is now 3000 miles to the qt..was 2000!? At
-25/f start..instant lifter pump up. FVP is awesome oil. If they woud put a silicoe ADV in their filter I might use t. FVP 100% synthetic is <$4 per qt last time I checked. ..and more of my money stays in MN. My 3.5L push rod V6 WILL likely be a 500000 mile motor. Use FYP..and buy great food and wine. Give the grandkids an extra treat

FVP Dexos is not the same formulation as Supertrch/Kirkland. ( dunno if Warren refines FVP)

For people looking for a thin 5w-30 (that isn't Pennzoil Platinum, 10.0 - 10.5 ish), FVP Dexos 5w-30 is at 9.8. IIRC, Kirkland 5w30 tops 11.

$4.29 per qt, ($3.65 during the bag sales) at Menards.

Attachments

• dex Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 8.40.48 AM.jpg
    dex Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 8.40.48 AM.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 34
FVP Dexos is not the same formulation as Supertrch/Kirkland. ( dunno if Warren refines FVP)

For people looking for a thin 5w-30 (that isn't Pennzoil Platinum, 10.0 - 10.5 ish), FVP Dexos 5w-30 is at 9.8. IIRC, Kirkland 5w30 tops 11.

$4.29 per qt, ($3.65 during the bag sales) at Menards.

Looks like a decent oil based off the tests from pqia.

Back