40 year old virgin
Old school
Wedding Crashers
Blazing saddles
Young Frankenstein
Any of the Austin Powers movies
All 3 Back to the Future films

Age and sobriety matter here.

Things I thought were funny when I was 20 something and perhaps over served don't seem so funny 30 years later.

But maybe that's just me.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Vacation
Christmas Vacation
History of the World Part One
Napoleon Dynamite (probably my favorite one!)

Very few movies are hilarious from beginning to end, but South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut and Team America: World Police both manage to be. But the humor is not for everyone, that's for darn sure.

One favorite comedy that few people seem to have ever heard of is Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds.

Originally Posted by javacontour

Things I thought were funny when I was 20 something and perhaps over served don't seem so funny 30 years later.

Very true. I used to think Ace Ventura: Pet Detective was hysterical but it hasn't aged well. Or maybe I haven't. lol

I no longer watch action films.Blood guts, and mega destruction doesn't do it for me lately. Lotsa greats already mentioned Any Marx Bros film. WC Fields, Grant and Hepburn, Harvey, Dr Strangelove, Mae West, Judy Holiday, Operation Petticoat
grin2.gif

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sausage Party

The irony for me is that I've never been a fan of Monty Python shows, but the movie is hilarious. I didn't know how I'd take to Sausage Party, but that was also hilarious.

The Big Lebowski
Police Academy
The Hangover (first one only)
Caddyshack

No UHF? That is becoming a classic. The line "What's in the box?"
Blues Brothers
Chicken Run
The Hangover Pt 1, 2 & 3

1.) It's A Mad , Mad , Mad , Mad World ( '63 )
2.) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3.) Blazing Saddles
4.) Young Frankenstein
5.) Austin Powers
6.) Naked Gun
7.) Dumb and Dumber
8.) The Meaning of Life
9.) Borat

More to follow ?
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Not a movie, but if you have not seen "Mrs. Brown's Boys" and want to have some sore ribs, give it a go. I see it on BritBox on Roku.

Heard of it. Tried watching an episode but couldn't understand the pop culture references as well as the strong accent.
Didn't bother with it anymore after that.

Having a father who's quite religious in the catholic faith (studied to be a monk) my fave was "Father Ted" as well as "Little Britain".
Those two were priceless!
EDIT: was kinda creepy the way the main character in "Father Ted" passed away literally right after they finished shooting the final episode.

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted by javacontour

Very true. I used to think Ace Ventura: Pet Detective was hysterical but it hasn't aged well. Or maybe I haven't. lol

I was a teen when that movie came out. Everyone within 5 years of my age acted like it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. I could have cared less.

Now with age, I'm actually starting to appreciate those old movies and the humor they bring....strange how that works sometimes.

Back