Fully detailed our new 2020 Jetta

I have always considered longevity of paint when picking out a color. Her last 2 VW's were Platinum Grey Metallic and my last 2 Hondas were / are Desert Mist Metallic and Taffeta White. Colors that *should* hold up better to the Florida sun vs others. I have always heard reds, greens and blues didn't last as long. The dealer that we were at only had Pure White and Silk Blue Metallic and neither of us liked the white in the base model, it looks too much like a rental car. We have always loved Silk Blue but were worried about longevity. I am hoping with proper care that we can get 10 years out of this paint job without fading or clear coat issues. Time will tell. Do any of you have a long term blue vehicle in your fleet that sees regular sun exposure and still looks good?

With the new ceramic spray products you should get a long life from that paint. Easy to use as well. You can add protection after every wash if you want to.

Good idea skipping the iron decontamination in the heat. I think the color will look great for a long time the way you take care of paint finishes .

Got some winter wheels/tires for mine and repainted them, sealed them, new stems, and balanced.
20200914_151021.jpg

Back