Status
Not open for further replies.
1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Type: In tank pump-sender-level assembly

(RockAuto as of 11/29/2010)

AC Delco:336$
Delphi: 338$
Bosch: 442$

I want premium so which one should I choose? I am aware that the Delco may very well be a boxed Delphi unit....due the latter's GM relationship. Is the Bosch name brand mark-up or possibly representing the best quality? I am avoiding Carter and Airtex due to horrendous product reviews and mechanics comments to me.

I highly recommend sticking with OEM that's one PITA job you only want to do once,never had a replacement OEM/GM pump fail.

Go with Delphi. Delco may not be a Delphi in the box; some are Carter. Remember, to check the fuel tank for junk, replace the fuel filter if serviceable, and also replace the fuel pump relay.

Also check the electrical connections for corrosion or burning; replace/repair as needed.

Do all of the above and you should have no issues.

Thanks,

Dave

Originally Posted By: outrun
Is the Bosch name brand mark-up or possibly representing the best quality?

Bosch might make some decent things, but my experiences with power tools and some replacement parts, including spark plugs, have not been good at all. I would go with OEM manufacturer if possible in this case. "Premium" doesn't buy you any better performance in fuel pumps AFAIK. If the OEM one lasted 12 years and you want another 12 years out of it, go with the OEM again. The Bosch is an unknown quantity.

i know you are talking about f.i. engines. but years ago when i was running carburetors. and when they got old the fuel would leek the gas out over night. then i had to crank and crank, to get fuel up to the carb. i went and got a carter elect. fuel pump, mounted it by the gas tank. set up a over ride switch, that filled the carb before i cranked the engine, it started very fast. i put over 150,000 miles on that pump in 3 different cars/trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back