Frozen lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been between -18 and -41F here over the last few nights, making lots of ice. Most of the bigger fishing lakes are allowing trucks out as of last weekend, two weeks ago would have been perfect for pond hockey with no snow on the ice. It's kinda neat to listen to the ice on a cold day, you can hear it grow.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
No ice hockey going on here...

Are you on a cruise Shannow?
cheers3.gif
[/quote]

As of 10 minutes ago...no

Well fellas, having lived in Dubois I can tell you it was always a couple of degrees colder in the Treasure Lake development because it's a few hundred feet higher, and a lot colder going over Rockton mountain to the east at 2250 elevation. Great area, just can't see anything for all the trees.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
No ice hockey going on here...

Are you on a cruise Shannow?
cheers3.gif

As of 10 minutes ago...no

That reminds me of when we were on the last night of our cruise. We went to sleep still out in the ocean,woke up to our ship pulling into the Galveston ship channel. That was such a depressing moment! Vacation was over.

What is all the white stuff on the ground? I would take Shannow's picture anyday over whatever that stuff on the ground is that requires wearing jackets.

Snow. You do realize in Northern California it snows there??!

Stepidiot lives on Lake Tahoe; ask her about snow
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Snow. You do realize in Northern California it snows there??!

Stepidiot lives on Lake Tahoe; ask her about snow
wink.gif

I don't do snow, ice, sleet, or whatever other word you can come up with. I was in snow once in my life when I was maybe 12, never again. The only way I could possibly tolerate snow is if I worked for a NASCAR team in North Carolina.

Snow is not a big deal to northerners. Idiots just don’t know how to drive in it.

It’s nice having a white Christmas too

Last edited by a moderator:
Snow is not a big deal to northerners. Idiots just don’t know how to drive in it.

Yeah, I never got the drifting craze.. every car guy in western Pa knows how to drift like a champ..

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Yeah, I never got the drifting craze.. every car guy in western Pa knows how to drift like a champ..

My biggest pet peeve is people with snow tires or even good all season tires that love to stop on hills and hold everyone up and stop momentum

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Nice. Enjoy!

May I be the debbie downer and tell you to teach the kiddos the signs of thin ice or unstable ice?
source: I lost 3 schoolmates to water (2 to ice, recovered after 1.5 days, 1 plus his brother to a river)

Well, older gentleman that tests ice at various spots on ice told me yesterday it’s around 10” thick now and will get thicker over next few days with these -F low temps
smile.gif

I remember, fondly, when I was much, MUCH younger, that it would get into and stay in the -30's up in Muskoka, which is where my grandparents had a place on Rosseau. That lake would get a couple feet of ice IIRC, there were folks out there with tractors dragging in and out the ice huts. We'd drive the car over from the mainland.

That’s cool
smile.gif
. I’d love to watch that

Here's what it looks like up there in the winter months:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back