Front brake kit for the hills

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be surprised how long brakes last if you keep a safe following distance within the flow of traffic using the skinny pedal instead.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Drilled rotors are actually not a good idea. The uneven temperatures, and stress concentrations where the holes are drilled often lead to drilled rotors cracking. Just get a set of coated blanks like Centric Premium, Wagner E-shield, or EBC Premium. The ocating does help stop the rust.

For the pads, get Raybestos EHT, Akebono ProACT, or EBC Ultimax "Blackstuff"

Autoanything usually has the best price on EBC if you choose that brand.

Also consider using high-temp fluid like Bosch ESI6, Pentosin LV, Wagner Severe Duty, or Ravenol DOT 5.1. Any of the above have higher boiling points and lower viscosity than ordinary DOT 3. Speed bleeders are awesome smile

I went with a set of coated Power Stop blank rotors, I've had them on the rear for about 15K miles and they seem to be holding up well. Bought the Raybestos EHT pads and I was really happy with the clips in the set, they fit perfectly. Emptied the reservoir and added Motul Dot 4 high temp racing fluid. Did the break in suggested by Raybestos on the way to the garage to get my yearly inspection, waited until the last day of the month, not a good strategy but I'm good to go. The rotors were SO rusted to the hubs, they were the original and had never been removed. The rear brakes wear faster than the front on this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back