FRAM SureDrain draining issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using a FRAM SureDrain SD2 for over a year now. Very convenient and clean to work with. I pulled off the SureDain the other day after it had stopped draining all of the oil. An additional 1/3 qt. came out when I removed the plug. I guess the bolt that goes into the oil pan really does hold some oil in as others have speculated. I know that some oil pans are different, but in my application it kept the 1/3 qt in. Valve was on a 2002 Honda CRV.

Just thought you fellas with Suredrains should know.

I've done the same with Sure Drains on the following;

2001 Civic
2000 Silverado
1999 Taurus
2005 Corolla

No more than an ounce (less than a shot glass) came out the worst one. Most just a few drips.
dunno.gif

Are you using the gasket Fram provided? It's rather thick.

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

Yes Bill. I used the copper washer that came in the package. The copper washer that came in the package was actually very small. Both in diameter and thickness. I guess you could always add a thicker washer to drop the valve down further. That would probably decrease the amount of oil held in.

Yep, the Sure Drain is out of production.

When my truck had a Sure Drain, I was always able to get a full five quarts out of it. The area where the drain plug is dips down below the rest of the oil pan some though.

PMWalter: If you mark its orientation when installed, you could remove it and saw a slot at he low point to let the remaining oil drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back