Fram oil filter test video deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent YT Fram testing video posted earlier was deleted. The reasons were..

@dnewton3
Old video.
Already discussed ad nauseam.
Locked.

BUT that specific video was posted 1 day ago on YT so how was that one an "old video & already discussed ad nauseam"? I think it was deleted under the assumption it was the older video but it was a very recent 1 day old video that was different.

• We should be able to discuss a video like that, good or bad, at least in one open topic & the reasons for deletion didn't fit the video description.

Last edited by a moderator:
The video definitely warrants discussion. For anyone wondering what the video was, it was the latest video from the Brand Ranks youtube channel testing different FRAM oil filters.

Since the original video that was discussed here ad nauseum, they've improved their test rig a lot, and the results are now really interesting. They're now using a proper PD pump, a flow meter, differential pressure gauges, and are testing at a controlled temperature/viscosity. They've also added a "cold" dP test with thick 400 cST oil. The video from 2 months ago has a lot more details on the setup and includes some tests of other filter brands.

What did dnewton3 say when you private messaged him to discuss it further?

The most recent YT Fram testing video posted earlier was deleted. The reasons were..

@dnewton3
Old video.
Already discussed ad nauseam.
Locked.

BUT that specific video was posted 1 day ago on YT so how was that one an "old video & already discussed ad nauseam"? I think it was deleted under the assumption it was the older video but it was a very recent 1 day old video that was different.

• We should be able to discuss a video like that, good or bad, at least in one open topic & the reasons for deletion didn't fit the video description.
Please allow me to add: If you want to post and discuss a video, any video, it must be in compliance with this policy.

The post in question failed to meet that policy.

@dnewton3 included that failure in the reasons, and that failure should’ve been included in your list.

Also, the video includes a derogatory term for the Fram product; also against our rules.
So yes, the thread was pulled down and sent to quarantine by me.
I stand by my actions.
If someone has any further questions, they are welcome to PM me and I'll discuss in a civil manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back