Fram Fresh Breeze CA filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a Fresh Breeze CA filter because of the rebate going on at the moment. The factory filter in my Pilot was a little dirty but not too bad for 30,000 miles. The Fram required some finagling to fit; the end pleats didn't go into the slots at the ends of the housing the first few times. Can't say I notice any scent difference with the charcoal.

Last edited:
I didn't either when I changed mine out a while back. I am sticking with the prontos on rockauto. Seems to be doing the same job for a fraction of the price.

I replaced my original OEM cabin filter last year at 62K miles/13 years old. It was pretty gunked up. A new Fram fresh breeze via WM went in. Used a $3 rebate for a net price of around $14. We didn't notice any difference in the scent/air quality before or after.

I got a FRAM Fresh Breeze CA filter on special, but when I pulled out the GM filter and blew the dirt off and back thru the filter with compressed air, I was surprised that the OEM filter appeared to use Nomax sheet material in pleats. It looks like there's no pores in it at all, they're so fine. Seems better the woven filter media. So the FRAM Fresh Breeze will sit on the shelf for a while yet!!

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
I didn't either when I changed mine out a while back. I am sticking with the prontos on rockauto. Seems to be doing the same job for a fraction of the price.

I agree. CAF's are very overpriced when you look at what they consist of.....I recently ordered some Pronto's from RA and the one for my Corolla (PC5491) did not fit (too big). When I contacted RA they agrred to split the cost since "neither of us made the mistake".

I re-engineered it (cut it) and made it fit.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher

I agree. CAF's are very overpriced when you look at what they consist of.....I recently ordered some Pronto's from RA and the one for my Corolla (PC5491) did not fit (too big). When I contacted RA they agrred to split the cost since "neither of us made the mistake".

I re-engineered it (cut it) and made it fit.

That stinks, glad you were able to retrofit. Sad as it is but it sounds like you had a RA "success" story. Their customer service is the pitts. I have never had good luck.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I replaced my original OEM cabin filter last year at 62K miles/13 years old. It was pretty gunked up. A new Fram fresh breeze via WM went in. Used a $3 rebate for a net price of around $14. We didn't notice any difference in the scent/air quality before or after.

Thats weird, I noticed a HUGE difference after changing the filter in my Civic with 20,000 miles on it. The fans were quieter, the air smelled better. maybe it depends how often you use the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back