Found a video on 6F35 disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-watched parts of it and yes, he broke that part of the casting. Blamed it on "a weak spot" or something !

Just the way he took everything apart and just haphazardly set them around in different spots.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I re-watched parts of it and yes, he broke that part of the casting. Blamed it on "a weak spot" or something !

Just the way he took everything apart and just haphazardly set them around in different spots.

That video is about how it would look if I tried to rebuild my transmission... It wouldn't end well.

The complexity of an automatic transmission is beyond anything I would have ever imagined too.

I didn't watch the video, I've built some GM 6T40E & 6T45E........The Center Support snap ring is a BEAR!!! The 6L80E/6L90E CS snap ring is also!

HD Locking Snap Ring Pliers don't work very well, I've tried the Kent Moore dealer tool & it's not any better than other much cheaper tools.

I use the pliers to rotate the snap ring away from the problematic free standing lug, Insert a 90 degree awl between the case & snap ring......Then walk it out with a large flat blade.

This snap ring has a TON of installed pressure & takes more pressure to remove it....And will slip off any plier before you clear the case lugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back