Ford EVs can now charge at Tesla Superchargers

No Tesla Superchargers are paid for or subsidized by the government. All paid for outright by Tesla. Government would not assist Tesla because Superchargers were a one-make solution.

It’s the exact opposite. Tesla is receiving more of the Federal NEVI site awards than any charging company.

“Tesla is winning the US race for federal infrastructure funding due to a significant cost advantage. According to the Wall Street Journal, Tesla has been awarded more sites than any other company to help build out the nationwide fast charging network.

The newest V4 (dispenser) award stations have Magic Dock (CCS1) and Credit Card readers so they comply with NEVI requirements.

You can look up NEVI awards by state. For example, just in Pennsylvania (so far) they’re been awarded sites at:

Bedford County
  • Tesla, Inc: $254,826 for a charging station at the Tesla Charging Hub in Breezewood; (I-70, Exit 147)

Crawford County
  • Tesla, Inc: $211,165 for a charging station at the Giant Eagle in Meadville (I-79, Exit 147 A-B)
Cumberland County
  • Tesla, Inc: $256,626 for a charging station at the Wawa in Summerdale (I-81, Exit 65A)
Delaware County
  • Tesla, Inc: $253,826 for a charging station at the Royal Farms in Aston (I-95, Exit 2)
  • Tesla, Inc: $211,165 for a charging station at the Wawa in Woodlyn (I-476, Exit 1)
Greene County
  • Tesla, Inc: $259,293 for a charging station at the Sheetz in Waynesburg (I-79, Exit 14)

Lackawanna County
  • Tesla, Inc: $204,232 for a charging station at the Wawa in Scranton (I-81, Exit 184)
Lawrence County
  • Tesla, Inc: $220,898 for a charging station at the Sheetz in New Castle (I-376, Exit 13)

Montgomery County
  • Tesla, Inc: $211,165 for a charging station at the Wawa in Lansdale (I-476, Exit 31)

York County
  • Tesla, Inc: $204,232 for a charging station at Shrewsbury Commons in York (I-83, Exit 4)

And that’s just the very first round of awards for just one state. Hundreds, if not thousands of more site awards to come.

Last edited:
It’s the exact opposite. Tesla is receiving more of the Federal NEVI site awards than any charging company.

“Tesla is winning the US race for federal infrastructure funding due to a significant cost advantage. According to the Wall Street Journal, Tesla has been awarded more sites than any other company to help build out the nationwide fast charging network.

The newest V4 (dispenser) award stations have Magic Dock (CCS1) and Credit Card readers so they comply with NEVI requirements.

You can look up NEVI awards by state. For example, just in Pennsylvania (so far) they’re been awarded sites at:

Bedford County
  • Tesla, Inc: $254,826 for a charging station at the Tesla Charging Hub in Breezewood; (I-70, Exit 147)

Crawford County
  • Tesla, Inc: $211,165 for a charging station at the Giant Eagle in Meadville (I-79, Exit 147 A-B)
Cumberland County
  • Tesla, Inc: $256,626 for a charging station at the Wawa in Summerdale (I-81, Exit 65A)
Delaware County
  • Tesla, Inc: $253,826 for a charging station at the Royal Farms in Aston (I-95, Exit 2)
  • Tesla, Inc: $211,165 for a charging station at the Wawa in Woodlyn (I-476, Exit 1)
Greene County
  • Tesla, Inc: $259,293 for a charging station at the Sheetz in Waynesburg (I-79, Exit 14)

Lackawanna County
  • Tesla, Inc: $204,232 for a charging station at the Wawa in Scranton (I-81, Exit 184)
Lawrence County
  • Tesla, Inc: $220,898 for a charging station at the Sheetz in New Castle (I-376, Exit 13)

Montgomery County
  • Tesla, Inc: $211,165 for a charging station at the Wawa in Lansdale (I-476, Exit 31)

York County
  • Tesla, Inc: $204,232 for a charging station at Shrewsbury Commons in York (I-83, Exit 4)

And that’s just the very first round of awards for just one state. Hundreds, if not thousands of more site awards to come.

Bedford County

Crawford County
Cumberland County
Delaware County
Greene County

Lackawanna County
Lawrence County

Montgomery County

York County

OK, we see its over $200,000 for a charging station. Now, how many cars can charge at the same time at the said charging station.

No. The Tesla automobiles are simply excellent EVs while everyone else is mediocre to bad.
What other EV's have you driven? I've driven:
- Model S
- Model 3
- Audi e-tron (owned one for a month)
- BMW i4 M50
- For Mach-e

My favourite has been the i4 M50.

OK, we see its over $200,000 for a charging station. Now, how many cars can charge at the same time at the said charging station.
Here's the Petaluma, CA Shopping Center, 20 Superchargers, pull through which is rare. 150kW
1709605938022.jpg

Here's the Petaluma, CA Shopping Center, 20 Superchargers, pull through which is rare. 150kW
View attachment 206705

Check the video I linked earlier on the V4 Supercharger setup in Georgia. They even had one of those with the V4. They use a different kind of cable that's not liquid cooled and supposedly more durable. And as they noted, the cables are longer. I remember backing in and having a tough time getting the connector within range.

I thought it was interesting when I saw head-in Superchargers. I saw at least one of those in Ukiah and maybe another in Crescent City last August. I really hate backing in to any parking space. Not sure what location this is, but the one on the left is definitely designed for head in with a Tesla. I'm not sure what's going to happen when Tesla opens up Superchargers to more brands, where some might use an adapter but park head-in.

tesla-supercharger-11.jpg

Do you have data to support your claim? I am always open to new information.
The Tesla Supercharger network is very reliable. Other networks have suffered; perhaps that's what you are referring to?
What's nice is the software will show you the number of chargers (and level), number in use and number not in service. It will route you to an appropriate location. Of course I do not know if the Ford application will do the same.

Tesla continually adds capacity. Allowing Ford, and other makes, will accelerate the build out. Basically, Tesla won the standardization and owns most of the gas stations. That's a dominant business position.

I do not have direct data; no.

Per Tesla, there's no problem:

But, I can read all the articles which decry the charging system issues such as reliability problems, capacity problems, etc ...
etc ....

And let's not forget the problems from the cold snap a few months ago ...

I'm not saying EVs are bad; I think they make good sense in some limited applications.

What I said before, I still stand by now. Adding more demand to a system which clearly has reliability and capacity issues isn't going to make it any easier to use an EV. Some problems are weather related. Some are related to vandalism. Some are equipment problems. Some are capacity issues. Etc ...
I am supposed to believe that all these articles above (and many, many more not listed) are coming from thin air? Or are they founded in some conspiracy to disparage EVs? Any one person may have a reliable network near them; that's good! But that does not mean that reliability and capacity are universally abundant, and the sheer volume of articles decrying the problems cannot be ignored.

Reactions: GON
What I said before, I still stand by now. Adding more demand to a system which clearly has reliability and capacity issues isn't going to make it any easier to use an EV. Some problems are weather related. Some are related to vandalism. Some are equipment problems. Some are capacity issues. Etc ...
I am supposed to believe that all these articles above (and many, many more not listed) are coming from thin air? Or are they founded in some conspiracy to disparage EVs? Any one person may have a reliable network near them; that's good! But that does not mean that reliability and capacity are universally abundant, and the sheer volume of articles decrying the problems cannot be ignored.
Here's another point of view: I respectfully suggest your point somewhat assumes a static state. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Capacity has to be addressed; Tesla, and likely others, will continue to add capacity based on demand. Yes, reliability and up-time need to be addressed; clearly some brands are more reliable than others.

I would also argue that Tesla would not be where they are (nor would the EV market as a whole) if they had not included their Supercharger network at the same time they released their EV products. Nor would they have grown without continuing the Supercharger build out.

I understand I live in an EV mecca; my views have to be influenced... Even apartments and condos have been slowly installing chargers; this is growing based on demand.

Here's the kicker: Business Opportunity. Some estimates have Tesla's charging network being a $10B to $20B revenue stream by the end of this decade.

Tesla EV owners and prospective future owners will be pretty mad if a bunch of other makes are clogging "their" Superchargers. I have to believe Elon understands this. I have to believe the build out will accelerate. Just my opinion...

But you are right, charging issues need to be addressed. The #1 reason EV owners go back to ICE is charging issues. When prospective customers ask me about ownership, the 1st thing I ask them is, "How ya gonna charge?"

Last edited:
Tesla EV owners and prospective future owners will be pretty mad if a bunch of other makes are clogging "their" Superchargers. I have to believe Elon understands this. I have to believe the build out will accelerate. Just my opinion...

As someone who has actually used them on a multi-day trip, I'd be OK with it if the buildout continues. Exclusivity is nice and all, but I would have been OK with having Superchargers that were more common than every 90-120 miles on US-101 north of Santa Rosa.

As someone who has actually used them on a multi-day trip, I'd be OK with it if the buildout continues. Exclusivity is nice and all, but I would have been OK with having Superchargers that were more common than every 90-120 miles on US-101 north of Santa Rosa.
I would write Elon a nasty letter... Ha!

I know what you mean. In Petaluma, there is the one Supercharger location, next going south is 10 miles away in Novato. Of course once you get closer to Marin and The City, there are many more. In Silicon Valley you can charge anywhere: at home, at work, shopping, just off freeways, even at Kaiser when you are getting fixed up. I mentioned condo and apartment dwellers are seeing chargers. Some housing places advertise charging as a benefit. It's growing.

I would write Elon a nasty letter... Ha!

I know what you mean. In Petaluma, there is the one Supercharger location, next going south is 10 miles away in Novato. Of course once you get closer to Marin and The City, there are many more. In Silicon Valley you can charge anywhere: at home, at work, shopping, just off freeways, even at Kaiser when you are getting fixed up. I mentioned condo and apartment dwellers are seeing chargers. Some housing places advertise charging as a benefit. It's growing.

Well yeah. My cousin just got an EV6 and doesn't have a practical means to charge it at her small condo. At least not without angering the other owners with only shared 110V power for lights and garage door openers. Maybe a 12V battery charger won't ruffle too many feathers. But she does work in Silicon Valley and her current employer has charging at work, which is her current plan.

I'm wondering if she's considering getting an NACS adapter for it. Not sure when they'll be opened up to Hyundai/Kia. I understand that the Kia app will be able to set up payments directly to Tesla, although I'm not sure what the prices will be.

Well yeah. My cousin just got an EV6 and doesn't have a practical means to charge it at her small condo. At least not without angering the other owners with only shared 110V power for lights and garage door openers. Maybe a 12V battery charger won't ruffle too many feathers. But she does work in Silicon Valley and her current employer has charging at work, which is her current plan.

I'm wondering if she's considering getting an NACS adapter for it. Not sure when they'll be opened up to Hyundai/Kia. I understand that the Kia app will be able to set up payments directly to Tesla, although I'm not sure what the prices will be.
In all fairness, non-Tesla vehicles should be up charged... Or let me charge for free!!!!

What other EV's have you driven? I've driven:
- Model S
- Model 3
- Audi e-tron (owned one for a month)
- BMW i4 M50
- For Mach-e

My favourite has been the i4 M50.
Your 30 minute test drive favorite is the i4.

But no EV equals Tesla in the long run.

"Is going to receive" is not the same thing as received.

There are almost no Tesla V4 Superchargers in operation in the USA.

Back