Ford 6.0 245k miles: Delvac Extreme 15w-40

Figure I would post my recent Delvac Extreme synthetic analysis for reference. There is ~2qts of conventional Delvac 1300 in this sample that was left over in the oil cooler from the previous run. Report shows Delvac 1300 at 240k and Delvac Extreme at 245k:

UOA.jpg

Good? No.
Great!

Wear is very low, contamination nearly non-existent, physical properties in range.

Motor on! Perhaps consider a longer OCI.

Yea, these are my first UOAs I've ever done and am amazed at the low wear results. The heads have never been off of this truck. Fingers crossed that a lifter doesn't go south on me anytime soon! lol

Yea, these are my first UOAs I've ever done and am amazed at the low wear results. The heads have never been off of this truck. Fingers crossed that a lifter doesn't go south on me anytime soon! lol
Unless I missed it how many miles on oil? Thank You sir

I short changed the first sample to get back on a 5k oci with the odometer (240, 245, 250, etc) since I change the oil every 5k miles, makes it easier to remember that way.

Pretty good for a CK oil not on Ford's approved list (my choice of oil isn't on their list either)!

With a “15” qt sump and that tbn you could run this oil for a lot longer that 5k. That engine is easy on oil. Run it to 10k and you’ll see.

I ran this oil in my LLY Duramax for 12k miles with over 30% of that towing a 10k trailer and the sample still came back as not needing to be changed yet. I loved this stuff when I had my diesel.

If I read this correctly Delvac extreme has 50% more zinc than Delvac 1300. Actually more, since two of the quarts were Delvac 1300. Good point about the oil cooler. I doubt my oil cooler on my 6.0 Chevy LS gas engine drains.

Figure I would post my recent Delvac Extreme synthetic analysis for reference. There is ~2qts of conventional Delvac 1300 in this sample that was left over in the oil cooler from the previous run. Report shows Delvac 1300 at 240k and Delvac Extreme at 245k:

View attachment 92236
Do you use any fuel additives like Stanadyne, etc?

Do you use any fuel additives like Stanadyne, etc?
I did. First sample used a couple treatments of Stanadyne Performance. Then the second sample I used Ford PM22. I've used Ford PM22 every tank since the truck had 5k miles. Think the Stanadyne contributed to the fuel dilution maybe?

Last edited:
I did. First sample used a couple treatments of Stanadyne Performance. Then the second sample I used Ford PM22. I've used Ford PM22 every tank since the truck had 5k miles. Think the Stanadyne contributed to the fuel dilution maybe?

I don’t see how that could effect the fuel dilution. The viscosity of the total fuel volume will not change with such a small dose of additive.

Great UOA on the 'Hated" 6.0 PSD! I have an 05, that has also never had the heads off but it only has 160k miles and has been very well taken care of. I stick to the 5k mile OCI myself as these engines are very hard on oil! Anyone that says differently doesn't know anything about the HEUI engines!

Back