For those who do a full detail twice/year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RTexasF
Having detailed for a living I am familiar with glazes and their purpose but related their use to strictly show cars. I had not seen them used on daily drivers prior to a sealant.. Judging by your cars it is a worthy additional step. Thanks.

When I detailed a glaze was also something a body shop used to hide their holograms and poor machine polishing techniques. Glazes used in that manner were frowned upon.

Agree. The additional/optional step of using glaze is purely for adding to the appearance "shininess".

The link in my previous post indicates the sequence recommended. My wife has been asked several times following a detail about the appearance of her Honda...with people also asking "how do you get it to look like new?" She hands off those conversations to me...
lol.gif

Finish Kare FK1000 is made by a Meguiars brother and last MUCH longer than regular Meguiars products bought off the shelf especially here in FL!

Originally Posted by 007
Finish Kare FK1000 is made by a Meguiars brother and last MUCH longer than regular Meguiars products bought off the shelf especially here in FL!

Yeah...not interested in using a paste wax...especially where some folks have reported it can be a challenge to get it completely buffed to a clean surface...extra work for sure.

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid is easy to apply, require minimal effort to clear to a smooth gloss protective finish, and lasts a minimum of 6 months. For those of us who detail twice/year (or some people even more often...the combination of ease & durability for 6 months is Utopian.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by 007

Yeah...not interested in using a paste wax...especially where some folks have reported it can be a challenge to get it completely buffed to a clean surface...extra work for sure.

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid is easy to apply, require minimal effort to clear to a smooth gloss protective finish, and lasts a minimum of 6 months. For those of us who detail twice/year (or some people even more often...the combination of ease & durability for 6 months is Utopian.

I have to agree. A liquid wax or even a spray wax will give you the same length of durability these days with far less effort and manipulation.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by 007

I have to agree. A liquid wax or even a spray wax will give you the same length of durability these days with far less effort and manipulation.

Which spray wax has the same durability as paste wax? I'd love to know

Originally Posted by PlzRepond
Originally Posted by 007

A Carnauba paste wax typically starts to lose its protection after 30-45 days. Others last longer. Claims of a year's protection are highly suspect at minimum - "Prove it with data' would be a response to such a claim. Paste waxes offer a carnauba shine (lasting 4-6 weeks) or non-carnauba with much longer /protection durability but with lesser shine.

As far as Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid...6 months. It's a sealant wax...different from a Carnauba in chemical composition. Add a layer of spray wax on top, and the durability (and additional UV protection with many brands such as the Blazin' Banana) is further enhanced. Several spray brands claim to last up to 90 days.

The key point is that successfully applying MUL and a spray wax combined takes much less time and effort than any paste wax...and renders a solid semi-annual protection layer as well as an exceptional shine.

Originally Posted by 007

A number of them do. The Optimum wax mentioned already is a good one.

Many waxes today are not pure wax. These have sealant properties which gives them longer durability

A number of them do. The Optimum wax mentioned already is a good one.

Many waxes today are not pure wax. These have sealant properties which gives them longer durability

Agree.

What about turtle wax Ice spray wax?

Turtle Wax Ice wax is 100% synthetic and a sealant. It is similar to Chemical Guys (Blazin' Banana) as well as some others, but Turtle Wax ICE spray wax lacks sustained UV protection that is found in Blazin' Banana and some other spray wax products - which is desirable for true exterior protection on any vehicle. If the intent is to not only get some surface shine but also UV protection, Turtle Wax ICE isn't the answer - it's UV protection only lasts about 30 days, in contrast to 3 months for the 303 spray wax (sealant) product and Blazin' Banana (sealant) 4-6 months. Unless you plan to use the Turtle Wax ICE spray product every 3-4 weeks or more...it won't hold up as well as several other products already mentioned in this thread.

Sealants contain polymer technology and are the result of advances in chemical engineering. These products last the longest, are usually easier to use, and add a slippery and slick feel to your paint that is unlike that of natural carnauba car waxes. Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid and Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana are both synthetic sealant products, both featuring sustained UV protection as well as the other benefits. There are several other brands that also have these things, but ease of application and outstanding results are proven with those two final step products in years of detailing multiple vehicles here. No doubt there are some other products with similar results.

Boy did we (yet again) appreciate the value of a solid detail job yesterday when a flock of birds decided to play "bombs away" over our neighborhood.

Cleanup was a cinch.

Boy did we (yet again) appreciate the value of a solid detail job yesterday when a flock of birds decided to play "bombs away" over our neighborhood.

Cleanup was a cinch.

After nothing more than a basic wash...the surface of our Pearl White SUV came back...of course a quick photo doesn't do it justice, but you can see both the "Pearl" and incredibly shiny-smooth finish here as a result of the original wash, clay, polish, glaze, sealant, and UV protectant spray 6 detailing steps done last week (performed semi-annually).

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back