Fixed dishwasher problem with CLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everybody knows there are specific dishwasher cleaner you can buy at any home depot or related big boxstore. its right next to the washingmachine cleaner and garbage disposal cleaner and oother random household.

While maybe under thr covers it maybe just citric acid, if you only need it a couple times just usr the commercial brand. There is no need to homebrew or create your own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
I hope everybody knows there are specific dishwasher cleaner you can buy at any home depot or related big boxstore. its right next to the washingmachine cleaner and garbage disposal cleaner and oother random household.

While maybe under thr covers it maybe just citric acid, if you only need it a couple times just usr the commercial brand. There is no need to homebrew or create your own.
And pay twice the price too for premade specialty citric acids....

why?
where is the fun?

Originally Posted By: SHOZ

And pay twice the price too for premade specialty citric acids....

Pretty much Citric acid with food coloring for 2-3X (I never thought of brass - thank you)
Same with " oxyclean" you can get a 5 gallon bucket of sodium percarbonate for what a little tub of oxyclean costs.

Ans since you can use it to clean so many things having a little more of it is a good idea.

one thing to note - wether you notice it or not if your dishwasher looks cloudy your clothes washer will too.

UD

I had great luck just a couple months ago using nothing but straight 5-7% vinegar. Our dishwasher was starting to smell and wasn't working/draining like it was so I Googled it and was 3/4's the way getting to the food chewer (not proper name?) when I ran into a snag. Screws could not be untightened!!
mad.gif

Needles to say, and being peeped off, I ran the vinegar through it as a last ditch effort, likely 2 jugs worth, and it ran great after that plus it cleaned everything up inside real good as well.

I think going forward, I will use vinegar every 6 months or less, depending on how it's working as this trick/tip worked great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back