Fitting a floor jack in an F150

This is pretty cool, some of you may find this handy. You can't usually fold the rear seats down, but if you get the BuildRight Industries rear seat tool, you can clip it onto the existing latch that you can't reach, and it adds a pull tab

1694715097039.jpeg

1694715102335.jpeg

Then, you can fit a bunch of crap behind your seats. I just put a 1.5 ton floor jack back there no problem

1694715106253.jpeg

This is pretty cool, some of you may find this handy. You can't usually fold the rear seats down, but if you get the BuildRight Industries rear seat tool, you can clip it onto the existing latch that you can't reach, and it adds a pull tab.

Then, you can fit a bunch of crap behind your seats. I just put a 1.5 ton floor jack back there no problem

View attachment 178451
Nifty! I have the latch installed too but haven't stashed anything back there.

Do you find that 1.5 ton is high enough / sturdy enough to be useful for the F150? It'd be great to have on board.

Nifty! I have the latch installed too but haven't stashed anything back there.

Do you find that 1.5 ton is high enough / sturdy enough to be useful for the F150? It'd be great to have on board.

Fine for changing a tire, but I did need a 2x4 block in addition to the jack to actually get enough height to swap a front wheel (I never actually swapped a wheel, just tested it). On the back I used a rubber puck under the axle where it clamps on near the wheel, no problem there either. Lifts it like its nothing. So much easier than a scissor jack.

I actually got it since I sometimes tow a trailer, so this would be handy for swapping a flat on that too, and also my wife has a Mustang Mach-E which is near 5000lbs, and comes with no spare or jack. So if I need to swap her wheel with the one we just got to keep in the garage, should be easy. Got the wheel on eBay for $350 and threw a new tire on it. Good to have a spare rim too

1694717538410.jpeg

Honestly, I might end up using this for everything I can. I have a long reach 3 ton but **** its so heavy!

Fine for changing a tire, but I did need a 2x4 block in addition to the jack to actually get enough height to swap a front wheel (I never actually swapped a wheel, just tested it). On the back I used a rubber puck under the axle where it clamps on near the wheel, no problem there either. Lifts it like its nothing. So much easier than a scissor jack.

I actually got it since I sometimes tow a trailer, so this would be handy for swapping a flat on that too, and also my wife has a Mustang Mach-E which is near 5000lbs, and comes with no spare or jack. So if I need to swap her wheel with the one we just got to keep in the garage, should be easy. Got the wheel on eBay for $350 and threw a new tire on it. Good to have a spare rim too

View attachment 178463

Honestly, I might end up using this for everything I can. I have a long reach 3 ton but **** its so heavy!
Good to know, thank you 👍

Hope the jack doesn't start leaking out from being stored at such an angle.
I didn't even think of that.

Would it fit in the storage under back seat or is it divided? I haven't had my F150 in a couple of years so I can't remember. That's where I stored my tie down straps and a tarp if I ever had anything that didn't fit under the tonneau.

Yeah on my '04-08 F150s you need a block of wood to lift either LCA with the 1.5T. It seems to handle the weight sufficiently although it does take some body weight on the handle.

Yeah on my '04-08 F150s you need a block of wood to lift either LCA with the 1.5T. It seems to handle the weight sufficiently although it does take some body weight on the handle.

Weirdly this one requires almost NO weight on the handle. I can easily jack up the Mach-E which weighs close to 5000lbs with one hand near the jack, and once the rear wheel is off the ground, the car is so stiff the front wheel is almost off too

Meanwhile, my 3 ton jack takes a long of weight on the handle. I'm wondering if I need to bleed my 3 ton or something

Thinking about it, it must be okay on its side, as there is a handle only on one side. So they are expecting you to carry it on its side like that

It's not going to leak turned on its side; floor jack cylinders are horizontal in normal use.

I'm wondering if there's a cylinder orientation that would require the hydraulics to be bled? Perhaps not; I've seen floor jacks hung on walls lifting pad facing up.

Great thread. I was not aware of the latch on my 2019 super cab. After seeing this, I released it with a box end wrench and made a pull handle from a coat hanger. Neat place to keep my socket case and battery powered air compressor. THANKS for the info.

Back