Finally scratched my watch itch this morning

- his hand wraps right around mine when we shake.
I could tell you so many stories, so many people comment when we shake hands, its been that way all my adult life. I get comments like "Woah, are you a boxer or something?" or "you have the biggest hands I have ever shook", and things like that.

Their just perfectly normal for me. LOL

I could tell you so many stories, so many people comment when we shake hands, its been that way all my adult life. I get comments like "Woah, are you a boxer or something?" or "you have the biggest hands I have ever shook", and things like that.

Their just perfectly normal for me. LOL
...and people assume at 6'5" that I have large hands and feet. Nope, small hands and size 11.5 feet.

Not necessarily, it depends on the watch. For example I find the Miyota 9015 movement to be more reliable and consistent than some of the Swiss movements such the ETA 2824.
ETA is great especially in the chronometer grade, the Tudor probably uses the chronometer grade 2892 which is an iconic movement. The base 2824 is okay but nothing to write home about.

Nice watch. Hard to beat simple black on stainless. I'm not a watch guy, but I do like that look. Here is my much cheaper Mido. It might lose a minute every 5-6 weeks. Yes, I beat the snot out of it. 43mm.

1713302637176.jpg

Some time ago I posted about wanting to get a nice watch for myself. I'm certainly not an aficionado but I have been reading and watching a lot of content about watches in the last year or so. I've always really liked the Tudor Black Bay but I really preferred the 5-link "Jubilee" bracelet and that was only offered with the red bezel...that is until Watches and Wonders this year! Tudor released a 41mm Black Bay with a black and white bezel on the 5-link/T-Fit clasp and it was too good to pass up. The case has been slimmed down too and this is METAS-certified as well. Just picked it up this AM for MSRP and I love it! This is my new daily.

Picture is on my 8" wrist.

View attachment 214514
Nice looking watch

Not necessarily. See Casio G-D001 and Timex S2.

While on my surfboard, swimming, snorkeling, etc? Really? How interesting.
Were you on your surfboard, snorkeling or swimming while under time constraint? I could see a need for an accurate timer if diving down to a sunken ship, but a swim? My need to tell time is usually to get to an appointment or work on time.

Were you on your surfboard, snorkeling or swimming while under time constraint? I could see a need for an accurate timer if diving down to a sunken ship, but a swim? My need to tell time is usually to get to an appointment or work on time.
Courses for horses. I'm in no way telling you when you need to know the time and how you should obtain it. When, where and why I need or want to know the time or if I have to or want to time something is none of your concern. Savvy?

Touchy, touchy. Have a good swim.
I apologize. I understand you don't have to keep your hands free while getting ready for your appointments. You can't possibly understand that while I'm on the water I may lose track of time because I'm having fun, and I may only have an hour available. So I want to maximize the time in the water. You also can't possibly know that I may want to time wave amplitude as it may tell me something about surf conditions. You also can't possibly imagine that I may want to time myself when swimming in open water because there's nobody who will do it for me. And you surely can't know that snorkeling may involve some diving and breath holding and that it's of interest to me if my breath holding ability is within my normal range. There are other things you can't imagine. So I apologize for being impatient and brushing off your serious question. I hope I could help you understand maybe just a bit better even if it seems like an awful waste of time to me.

Last edited:
Back