Finally bought the minivan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: malibuguy79
Its hard for me to excited about anything german. Im glad your wallet can handle the repairs

Have you ever owned a late model German car? Just curious.

Edit: I see the reason for me wanting a new grill was answered above. It'll look much better without the front plate holder for sure!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Not to mention the 3.0T and ZF 8 speed are well proven.
Yup... this combo has been serving us well. It's a bit of a dog in "D", but "S" makes it come alive.

It’s a station wagon, and a sharp looking one at that.

And before the howls and insults start getting thrown, no it’s not a Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser like station wagon, it’s the modern version and they are very versatile and god driving as well

Congrats on your new Audi

Originally Posted By: PimTac
It’s a station wagon, and a sharp looking one at that.

And before the howls and insults start getting thrown, no it’s not a Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser like station wagon, it’s the modern version and they are very versatile and god driving as well

Congrats on your new Audi

+1
cheers3.gif

Congrats, my close friend had a 2013 Q7 with tdi he loved and was very reliable with one expensive fault. It went through tires every 20k miles and he is a mellow driver.

Its hard for me to excited about anything german. I'm glad your wallet can handle the repairs

Me too!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Yes, it's crazy talk! I'm sure it'll give great service, and if something breaks, this is BITOG! In the rare event something breaks, we aren't afraid to turn a wrench.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Nice!

Why did you ditch the Volvo? Not big enough

Yeah we bought it before we had our second child and it started to get a little cramped with two car seats and all the other stuff we cart around. Not being able to have anyone else with us started to become an annoyance.

I wanted a Q7 when we bought the Volvo, but it was "too big."
lol.gif

My boss has one. I've driven it a few times, not bad, but can't get used to the size of the thing. Anyway the latest thing that happened to him was that one of the mufflers fell off, not sure exactly what happened, either a clamp or connector broke. He always takes it to the dealer though and every time he always says it's usually around 1k or more for repairs. He likes Audi though, has an A8 L too.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
And you didn't get a Volvo XC60/XC90
Tsk tsk!
31.gif

I traded in the XC60
21.gif

It was my first and probably last Volvo.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Its hard for me to excited about anything german. I'm glad your wallet can handle the repairs

Me too!

Yes, it's crazy talk! I'm sure it'll give great service, and if something breaks, this is BITOG! In the rare event something breaks, we aren't afraid to turn a wrench.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Nice!

Why did you ditch the Volvo? Not big enough

Yeah we bought it before we had our second child and it started to get a little cramped with two car seats and all the other stuff we cart around. Not being able to have anyone else with us started to become an annoyance.

I wanted a Q7 when we bought the Volvo, but it was "too big."
lol.gif

My boss has one. I've driven it a few times, not bad, but can't get used to the size of the thing. Anyway the latest thing that happened to him was that one of the mufflers fell off, not sure exactly what happened, either a clamp or connector broke. He always takes it to the dealer though and every time he always says it's usually around 1k or more for repairs. He likes Audi though, has an A8 L too.

my mistake

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Have you ever owned a late model German car? Just curious.

You have to ask?

Originally Posted By: Trav
Nice!
thumbsup2.gif
Did you consider the Honda or Toyota?
lol.gif
JK

Mazda5? It do does have sliding door and stick/manual!?!?!?!?!
Kidding!

I see a couple around me.
But what impress me are the 3.0T in sedan form.... they could roll when wanted....

OP/RooflessVW, I trust you will drive it the way it's supposed to be driven, cough cough....

Now I'm waiting for pictures of the "paint correction"; I want to see a pro at work...

Originally Posted By: bbhero
That is basically a minivan... Same function at the end of the day.

But much sharper than any minivan I can think of! Very nice ride.

Try to put seven passengers and their luggage in the back of that mom's station wagon and call back :)

Tsk tsk!
31.gif

I traded in the XC60
21.gif

Not to offend anyone, but that's a beautiful Audi, so congrats
smile.gif

Enjoy many happy and safe miles.

I would also go for Audi vs Volvo
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Tsk tsk!
31.gif

I traded in the XC60
21.gif

Not to offend anyone, but that's a beautiful Audi, so congrats
smile.gif

Enjoy many happy and safe miles.

I would also go for Audi vs Volvo
wink.gif

So would I!
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back