Fedrooms rates for Federal Employees and Military.

Hopefully some of you find this helpful. My wife is a VA Social worker, and we just learned of this Federal benefit a few years back, that has been extended for leisure travel as well.

You get hotel rooms at a pre negotiated rate, and they typically waive parking fees and WIFI fees, as well as provide free local shuttle. Some locations will treat you as if you have diamond preferred status, and provide a gift bag upon checkin as well.

I am seeing rates at least 25 percent cheaper than any published rate and sometimes 40-50 percent off.

We have taken about 10 trips, and never had a problem. Usually stay at a 4-5 star Hyatt/Hilton, but there are a lot of Resorts as well.

1688053777954.png

Good to know. Note the asterisk at the bottom - “select properties chose to extend”. Looks like this is actually a private booking company that is offering it which would explain why.

But the asterisk means the good spots in the expensive markets don’t get the rates… this happens for official use too…

The personal use booking portal (note the actual official booking site needs to be used for official travel) shows operation by an LP company.

IMG_5361.jpg

It says “official” but one can’t use official government stuff for private use. So somehow the company extends the prices to others outside of any government construct. Official travel can’t be booked through that unless the agency’s policy permits. In the case of OP, I suspect that the VA needs to use DTS.

Last edited:
Good to know. Note the asterisk at the bottom - “select properties chose to extend”. Looks like this is actually a private booking company that is offering it which would explain why.

But the asterisk means the good spots in the expensive markets don’t get the rates… this happens for official use too…
Yeah we use it for personal use only, as my wife doesn't travel offically much.

They have an exclude sold out rooms, and they will only show you rooms that will accept the price.

Back