FedExecuted

IMG_0834.jpg
IMG_0835.jpg

We have been patiently waiting for an engine harness on a Fusion only to receive this instead. I have to assume the box blew open while getting the Ace Ventura treatment. So inside the Tripp-Lite box was half of whatever was supposed to be in that box with a shipping label to a GNC in Oceanside. This isn't the worst I have seen, but sometimes you just have to laugh.

The engine harness is being replaced due to rodent damage for anyone wondering.

I thought it was bad when they would roll my 66lb bag of coffee (in a box) from the curb to my door. Through the rain/wet ground.. then leave it out in the rain.

I've had Amazon boxes show up, that someone obviously went through to see it anything in it was worth stealing. They cut the tape just enough to get their hand inside.

Normally I don't have a problem with Fedex especially since there is a terminal in town but they have been real good lately. Apparently my front door is 600ft from my house and on top of a fence post. Perfect place to leave a box of ammo next to the road in the rain.

Ordered stuff from rock auto right at the beginning of the crummy weather this month. All three packages arrived at the local terminal the same day and spent a week and a half at the terminal before they got delivered on three different days.

Package from Grainger at work that should have showed up in a day took a week. It shipped out of Kansas City and went to Chicago. I am right in between those two.

Every package I get from FedEx is on life support. A stiff breeze could tear away the peice tape hanging on by a thread, spilling its contents. The fact that the contents remain inside is a miracle. It's like they test every package to 99% of its capability for abuse to see how many boxes of kitty litter can be stored on top of a cardboard box filled mostly with air. It’s all somewhat impressive actually.

So how much of this is the responsibility of the sender/packer. Recall ordering replacement LED tubes for T12s from Home Depot. Single pack of six ordered. Took four deliveries to receive six intact tubes. No packing or protection at the base or top. Just the cardboard box. After first delivery I reordered and when second one arrived I retained the intact tubes, returning the broken ones to the store and reordered again. Next reorder arrived, and again you guessed it, multiple broken tubes so returned while keeping the good ones.

Eventually I got my six intact tubes after three reorders/returns. Wondering who is out of pocket on this one? At least not me. just time/gas making the returns and getting to know the return desk way too well. When Home Depot asked me to review informed them that the product was fine but their distribution center packing staff or the supplier staff needed retraining.

Less fragile orders have arrived fine!

Luckily 99% of all my FedEx deliveries the boxes have been in good shape.

Overnight, 2nd day, express saver and ground arrived in good shape.

So how much of this is the responsibility of the sender/packer. Recall ordering replacement LED tubes for T12s from Home Depot. Single pack of six ordered. Took four deliveries to receive six intact tubes. No packing or protection at the base or top. Just the cardboard box. After first delivery I reordered and when second one arrived I retained the intact tubes, returning the broken ones to the store and reordered again. Next reorder arrived, and again you guessed it, multiple broken tubes so returned while keeping the good ones.

Eventually I got my six intact tubes after three reorders/returns. Wondering who is out of pocket on this one? At least not me. just time/gas making the returns and getting to know the return desk way too well. When Home Depot asked me to review informed them that the product was fine but their distribution center packing staff or the supplier staff needed retraining.

Less fragile orders have arrived fine!
Truth. Some places do a terrible job with packages. The message is: They don't care or maybe the clown doing the packaging had zero training from the CIC. Myself, I package items BOMB PROOF and when something arrives to me in lousy packaging I actually take the time to tell the seller. Yes I am that guy!

I was extremely lucky this week. I bought a heavy clay two gallon crock for kraut and kimchi and such. Single cardboard box that clearly says to place box in another shipping box, the seller just ignored that! Lucky it didn't break!! Phew. I told the company. Then I read the reviews: People's crocks arrived broken!!

Back