FCA Leakiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should add that for the Patriot and Grand Caravan’s oil pan and timing chain cover leaks, nothing ever dropped on the ground, but the pans were covered in oil about to drip.

Originally Posted By: Alex_V
I've not noticed it being a FCA thing as a whole, but the 3.6-powered Caravans commonly leak from the oil cooler assy. (in the valley, will run out the end and down the transmission) and the tranny cooler lines which can drip onto the front trans. pan making it appear that the pan(s) are leaking.

Interesting.. After about a year of ownership, our 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan would give off a burning oil smell at times. I was never able to locate any signs of leakage. I chalked it up to possible leaky spark plug well seals. We traded it off in April 2017 w/ ~72K miles on it. It was a great van IMO. Wife was never crazy about it for what ever reasons.

Sometimes my mom's 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee would leak from the transmission pan. It had the NAG1 transmission. I had a friend tell me that some other vehicles with the NAG1 transmission were leak prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back