Favorite meat to BBQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is BBQ season, what is your favorite meat to BBQ? Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, T-bone, Filet Mignon, chicken, turkey, lobster, shrip, or something else.

Mine is Tri-Tip, or Ball-Tip.

What non-meat items do you like?

I like BBQed white corn, and peppers.

T-bone, Rib-eye, hamburgers - can't decide which...
smile.gif

I like pulled pork, but it isn't the best thing to eat, so I avoid it often.

We mainly do steaks.

Originally Posted By: barlowc
Marinated flank steak. 5-7 minutes per side on high heat. Slice it an angle. It's as tender as a good filter, but a lot cheaper.

Filters on the mind?

Originally Posted By: toyotapriusguy
Originally Posted By: barlowc
Marinated flank steak. 5-7 minutes per side on high heat. Slice it an angle. It's as tender as a good filter, but a lot cheaper.

Filters on the mind?

*****. Apparently so. Nothing like a good, tender filter.
lol.gif

Polish sausage, pork chops, top sirloin steak, ribs, wings... so many choices, I can't pick just one.

From non-meat items, corn is probably my favorite to grill.

Almost any meat, fish or poultry course is improved by grilling.
Charcoal only, of course!
I would recommend summer squash and eggplant, halved leghtwise and drizzled with olive oil and a little salt, pepper and basil or oregano on the grill as a side dish.
You can do the same with large mushrooms, although they don't need much grill time.

On the grill, bacon wrapped pinwheel (pinned sirloin), tri-tip or porterhouse. I use the Rotisserie a lot for chicken. On the smoker, brisket, ribs or pork butt.

I like to smoke pork shoulders for pulled pork using the widely available Chris Lilly recipe.

I also like baby backs done using my own modified version of Mike Scrutchfield's "best ribs in the universe" recipe.

I like to cook corn in the husk, and zucchinis in foil with some butter and seasoned salt.

Jalapenos, cut in half, seeded, filled with a mixture of cream cheese and pulled pork, and wrapped in a half slice of thin cut bacon.

Unless I missed it, no one has mentioned beef short ribs. Sliced between the bones with a knife, not through them with a saw like many supermarkets do. In foil covered with sauce slowly, then opened up and hit on medium heat for 5 min or so.

And my second choice which is cheap and awesome is a super thick pork butt chop, cooked just the same way.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I like pulled pork, but it isn't the best thing to eat, so I avoid it often.

We mainly do steaks.

Actually in general pork has significantly less fat than beef.

http://ifitandhealthy.com/pork-vs-beef/

Not the fat, more the uncleanliness and potential of swine to have diseases, parasites, etc. I'm not comfortable that the true health issues have been really worked out.

An oldie, and granted a lot has changed, but still a good read:

http://www.giveshare.org/Health/porkeatdanger.html

But BBQ pork is oh so tasty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back