Favorite browser

I am trying Vivaldi at the moment. I use extensions a lot and many are Chrome specific. Chrome is a memory hog on my 10 YO laptop with 8GB RAM. While it doesn't directly affect often, sometimes it does. Others are Firefox, Opera and Edge.

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn
I am trying Vivaldi at the moment. I use extensions a lot and many are Chrome specific. Chrome is a memory hog on my 10 YO laptop with 8GB RAM. While it doesn't directly affect often, sometimes it does. Others are Firefox, Opera and Edge.

A lot of Chromium-based browsers will have an extension that allows the use of Chrome extensions. Microsoft Edge and Opera are two that I am using right now with Chrome extensions enabled and I recall seeing similar with other browsers.

Vivaldi, of course.
It's made by many of the people who used to make Opera.
It's now based on Chromium, so all those extensions work.

Give side tabs a try. It will be weird for a few days, and then you'll probably like it.
The more tabs you keep open, the better side tabs get.

Current Opera is also based on Chromium, and it has a few more tweaks than Chrome. I used that before Vivaldi.

I got tired of Firefox doing so many updates and breaking its own extensions, so I don't even bother with it as a secondary browser anymore. And Mozilla is too political to be taken seriously.

Originally Posted by DejaVue
I got tired of Firefox doing so many updates and breaking its own extensions, so I don't even bother with it as a secondary browser anymore.

Firefox certainly is update happy.

I use the Microsoft Edge Chromium Dev here, it works very well, has a clean layout and is easy to use. It is fast and has good anti-tracking/privacy capabilities. It uses the MS Smart Screen so it has no need to send my browsing history to Google. Firefox is ok but it sometimes has problems with web sites hanging up or not displaying at all.

Back