Favorite Apps for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently got my first Smartphone and found out today that I can download a Compass App to it. So I did...Pretty Cool. Are there any other Cool App's you guy's can recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
People these days either say they got a smart phone or an iPhone. So, even though you didn't say what brand, can we assume it's not an iPhone

Apps are based on what you want to do:

Amazon Prime? Download Amazon Music

Netflix or HuluPlus subscriber? DL their apps

I use Slacker Radio to stream my music. There's a free version, but I pay the few bucks it costs for unlimited skips and a few other perks.

Live in a tight neighborhood or in an apartment/condo? DL Wifi analyzer to determine which channels are most congested, so you can choose one that has less interference.

Want to jot down some notes or make to-do lists? I like Evernote and Keep.

Do the email thing? Gmail and Live mail apps.

Wifi speed: speedtest

Want a "better" browser? I like Chrome

GPS: Google Maps

Gmail chat and text app: Google Hangouts

Keyboard: swiftkey

Others: Amazon offers a free app every day (I think they still do that.) Keep an eye on sites, like dealnews.com, for freebies and discounts, too.

I use Gasbuddy fairly regular to know where I am going to be when travelling to get the best priced gas. On a trip recently filled my tank for $1.86/gal vs $2.29 a block away. Saved enough to pay for lunch.

ES File Explorer, FlightView Free, Fuelly, GoodRx, GPS Test, Photo Editor, Pixlr, Plex, Snapseed, Uber, Waze, Yelp... just rattling off some of the ones that I have installed and use often.

Iphone - work one.
Hot Ray radioactivity counter (it's pretty close)
A couple of EMF and magnetic field detectors.

Android
360 security, has some good features for turning off battery wasters.
Static Apnea Training
Paced Breathing
ES File Explorer
Nautilus Pro (you pay for that one)
Assalub Viscosity calculator (KV at different temps)
Periodic Table
Star Walk 2
Google Spreadsheets
Ebay
Linkedin
Banking Apps
Olive Tree Bible Study

Deadwalk the last War (game)
Minecraft (can play with son when out)
Hill Climb Racing

Nova Launcher Pro

Paid once, use it on multiple devices. Better that the Samsung (Tablet), HTC (last phone), and Sony (current phone) launchers by a long shot.

The apps that I've downloaded and use often that I found quite cool are:

• CarPros - free car maintenance & fuel logging.
  • Colornote - free post it notes with check list function.
  • Checkbook app - 14 day trial. Checkbook register app, I liked it so much, I bought it.

Give those a look, you can always uninstall if you don't like them.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
ES File Explorer, FlightView Free, Fuelly, GoodRx, GPS Test, Photo Editor, Pixlr, Plex, Snapseed, Uber, Waze, Yelp... just rattling off some of the ones that I have installed and use often.

What can these apps do: Fuelly, GPS Test, Pixlr, Plex, Snapseed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back