Favorite American Made Muscle Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
You nailed mine BOF, only in blue.
[Linked Image]

When you get to the Z's and snakes - well, how about sport ponies …
They have beat some cars costing way more - and I'm not talking drag racing like the Mopar's excel at

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by Marco620
Buick Grand National GNX

547 built.
When I lived in Tampa, FL. our company had a job to replace/upgrade TGH's CEP. There was a Dr. that drove an 87 GNX. I just had to go talk to him about it. It was #221, and a daily driver. He gave me the grand tour of it. I was drooling so bad that I needed a bib.

Number 318 resides about 4 miles from me. I owned a 1987 Grand National and it's one of only a couple of cars I wish I had never sold. My favorite muscle cars would be 1964 GTO 389 tri-Power 4 speed, Any Hemi between 1965 and 1971, Any Cobra, 1966 and 1967 Chevelle SS 396, 1970 LS6 Chevelle, 1967 L88 Corvette coupe and though it's not 100% American, any year Sunbeam Tiger!

1969 Chevelle.

This was mine...had to sell it as I couldn't afford to build it the way I wanted.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Toy4x4
1969 Chevelle.

This was mine...had to sell it as I couldn't afford to build it the way I wanted.
68-69 Chevelles have been growing on me lately, I think I like them more than 70-72 now. Nice car!

Originally Posted by Toy4x4
1969 Chevelle.

[Linked Image]

Aw man, that's my favorite year Chevelle! They have that mean, going to rip you to shreds look.
My grandfather was a Chevy ONLY man. And, he bought a new one about every 5-6 years. In 1969 he bought an SS Chevelle, BUT, he ordered it with a 327, and the Turbo 350 trans. It had a bench seat and column shift. It was LeMans Blue, black interior. After awhile, he would always say that he wished he had bought a 4 door.

In no particular order
Dodge Coronet
Ford Galaxie
Plymouth Barracuda

As for modern day American cars that are fast and muscular even though they're not technically your classic muscle car, I'd say my favorite modern day American car with a big V8 that has some horses is gonna be the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 392 or the Charger equivalent. Four doors and some horses is rare anymore in an American sedan, and these arent stupid crazy priced (yet fun) hellcats or demons, lol. Honorable mention to the rebadged Holden Commodore/Chevrolet SS as well.

Last edited:
15-20 years ago in the Central Texas/ South DFW area (not sure about now) there were some turbo Buicks running deep into the 10's on street legal tires... many were "stock appearing" with even a single exhaust.
They put the fear into everyone.

My uncle had a stock 1968 Chevelle SS with a 325 HP 327 (Quadrajet) and a 4 speed.
He kept it mint original.... But he HATED it that my 383 4-speed Satellite (Road Runner clone) would beat him!

People that have never ridden in a fast Buick 455 car yet, haven't yet lived

I had a '68 Oldsmobile delmont 88 4 door hardtop with a 2 barrel 350 rocket. That barge liked premium fuel and would fly if you put the screws to it. Sorry, just don't do 2 doors.

Would the 60s era Olds Toronado and Buick Riviera be considered muscle cars? They had 400hp stock.

A Canadian, Snagglefoot, had the only AMC listed.

I swear, I like so many of them I never settled on a fave.

...not intended to be a 'sissy answer'.

[Linked Image]

I could have bought a car just like this (1970 AAR Cuda) for $1800 back in 1980 when the price of gas went up. This would be my all-time favorite car.

[Linked Image]

This is what I have now. 2018 Mustang GT Premium with the automatic transmission. If traffic weren't so heavy I wouldn't have minded a 5 speed manual, but the manuals nowadays are 6 speed and made in China in these cars. A car this powerful IMO doesn't need a 6 speed manual. Just unnecessary shifting.

I always loved the 67 396 Chevelle. I've had Mustangs, Roadrunners and Corvette's. Loved them all.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
1962 Pontiac Catalina Super Duty
[Linked Image]

Now that's just too cool. I don't think I have ever seen one of these. Very good looking car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back