F1 - 2017 Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Before qualifying, it was hilarious to read the British press's talk about a resurging Red Bull, treating Ferrari as they weren't a factor. Vettel showed otherwise during qualification, and when Crofty started nonsense about Red Bull times in Q2, it was nice how Brundle gently reminded him to look at the trap speed for Vettel's last Q2 lap, 80 km/h slower than everyone else, which means sandbagging.

My wife, the inveterate Ferrari supporter, gets spitting mad at the Brits as we watch the Sky replay via (awful) YouTube.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Vettel was the only driver who did something highly unusual in the circumstances. Sure, you're allowed to perform that maneuver in a race, but you're stupid to do it during a start. Other drivers cannot be faulted for not getting their split second reactions 100% perfect when Vettel decides to be a bone head.

Absolutely, but Max Verstappen has little room to criticize someone for taking advantage of the Max Verstappen Rule. While he groused, he was actually pretty circumspect when it came to talk about punishment.

Brad_C: I do like Crofty. He clearly likes his job and tries to be entertaining. I did like Ben Edwards from BBC better, but on the other hand, I prefer Martin Brundle to DC. Crofty and Edwards are obviously both primarily broadcasters. Edwards seems more "professional," but one cannot deny Crofty's enthusiasm.

DeepFriar: Read Motorsport or Autosport sometime (same content, basically). Crofty keeps some semblance of impartiality. Don't let your wife read the stuff cheerleading for Hamilton or Red Bull on those sites, depending how the weekend is going or expected to go. This weekend, most of the coverage ignored Hamilton as best as possible, which was rather disingenuous to Ferrari and Lewis, too. Lewis should not be treated as an afterthought before any weekend, and Red Bull aren't here to save the world if Lewis isn't expected to do well, nor will RBR somehow become the next front runner because a course doesn't suit Mercedes.

Martin is quite talented on the air. Even back when he was a driver and on the other side of the grid walks, you could tell, not to mention if you go back and watch the races where he was stuck on air when Nigel Mansell took his seat.

I was hoping for more out of Pat Symonds being on TV, but I think he's still stuck in a secretive mindset and doesn't say much of technical value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back