F-35B ejection and crash - USMC asking for help locating the crash site

Apparently some hikers took this footage. Wondering how it took that long to find it with witnesses, unless they didn’t have cell phone service. And it did result in a fire, but it might not have created a lot of smoke if it was out of fuel. Some of the speculation (including my own) was that maybe it landed in a swamp or lake and didn’t catch on fire.

I suppose it could be fake. I see one comment on the video saying it's DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) although it doesn't look like it to me. The news gathering for this show fairly flat areas around the crash site, so yeah I'm skeptical, but if it's fake, whoever did it is good.

I suppose it could be fake. I see one comment on the video saying it's DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) although it doesn't look like it to me. The news gathering for this show fairly flat areas around the crash site, so yeah I'm skeptical, but if it's fake, whoever did it is good.
From Google Earth the area around Indiantown, S.C. is flat as a pancake and that video has some substantial hills. Looks bogus to me.
Anyone from that area who can confirm the topography?

From Google Earth the area around Indiantown, S.C. is flat as a pancake and that video has some substantial hills. Looks bogus to me.

Yeah. My hogwash meter has now hit the end of the needle. But at the very least whoever did it didn't just use complete flying simulator video. It goes in and out of focus, shows a realistic looking zoom, has limited shaking consistent with anti-shaking tech, and the fire looks realistic. But I suppose the plane was superimposed on real video.

My guess is that it's from a real video of the nighttime sky and the hills, but then the plane was added. And then the voices sound like they're all kids, even though one is trying to sound like an adult. I looked at several other videos from the channel and they seem to be DCS, although some are better than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
all of coastal GA and SC are flat and low... have to go quite a few miles inland before anything remotely looking like an elevation change appears.. that part of the USA is substantially similar to Florida.

Back