F-15QA Demo Flight at the 2023 Dubai Air Show

That’s really impressive. I‘ve seen the F-15 demo many times, but with the fly by wire and the bigger engines, there are clear improvements in high alpha handling, and energy addition. A really impressive airplane.

My favorite part of the flight is from slow flight (high alpha, high angle of attack) to vertical. That's some serious thrust.

We are building a bunch of F-15s, which I don't understand. Being non-stealth they would be sitting ducks against our adversaries who have stealth.

My favorite part of the flight is from slow flight (high alpha, high angle of attack) to vertical. That's some serious thrust.

We are building a bunch of F-15s, which I don't understand. Being non-stealth they would be sitting ducks against our adversaries who have stealth.
they are force multipliers for air dominance has been established.

I've heard of them being used to as missile platforms where stealthier jets come in first to identify targets.

That’s really impressive. I‘ve seen the F-15 demo many times, but with the fly by wire and the bigger engines, there are clear improvements in high alpha handling, and energy addition. A really impressive airplane.
Out of curiosity, how often is high alpha flight utilized in combat? Is it more typically a very specific use case, or does it actually provide a very useable advantage over a platform that isn't capable of doing it?

Out of curiosity, how often is high alpha flight utilized in combat? Is it more typically a very specific use case, or does it actually provide a very useable advantage over a platform that isn't capable of doing it?
All the time - if you end up at a merge and switch to close range missiles and guns. Very important. Many of the Israeli kills with the F-15 were post merge.

Back