Exxon Mobil reported a quarterly profit of nearly

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 Billion Thursday — the highest ever for a U.S. corporation.The number beat out the previous quarterly record of $14.83 billion set in the third quarter of 2008, also by Exxon,,,,,Thanks to former sr ,jr Bush and their oil wells we are paying for this

They should start giving away free oil via rebates. They've got way too much cash on their hands

Originally Posted By: heyu
16 Billion Thursday — the highest ever for a U.S. corporation.The number beat out the previous quarterly record of $14.83 billion set in the third quarter of 2008, also by Exxon,,,,,Thanks to former sr ,jr Bush and their oil wells we are paying for this

But they can't lower gas prices any more because they would be broke...

Congrats to XM!! An American company making a profit and employing thousands of people doing it. However their rate of profit will be between 8-15%. Pretty much typical for American corps.

Their actual profits are well behind what they made last year:

ExxonMobil quarterly profit

Quote:
..this quarter's massive number includes $7.5 billion from "divestments and tax-related items," partly from the sale of refining and chemical operations in Japan.

Excluding that special credit, the company made $8.4 billion, down 21% from the $10.7 billion Exxon made in the same period last year as falling oil and natural gas prices cut into earnings.

Last edited:
When was the last time you drove up to a gas pump only to find a sign "out of gas"? XM did not get to where they are by making the wrong moves. They are an American company as opposed to BP and Royal Dutch Shell. Or maybe some would prefer to buy their gas at Hugo Chavas' Citgo. Let's give some credit to American business that has grown by their success in the marketplace. That's what it's all about. Profit is not a dirty word in America. If you don't like it, take your trade somewhere else. FWIW--Oldtommy

It's not coming from me I'll tell you that much.
I have M1 in my car for the first time in years, (too expensive normally) and I almost never fill up at Esso gas stations in Canada.

"They didn't build that". Remember that.

XOM didn't build those refineries. They didn't explore those fields or build those wells.

The push for massive confiscation of wealth emanates from that dog-whistle.

How many who complain about big oil, pharma, big anything...complain about Apples profits, market cap, work conditions in the plants where they have their products made on and on? Hilarious the double standard. But heck..Apple is cooollll....

BTW Apple made $8.8 billion in profit last qtr.

Apples market cap $539.30 Billion

Exxon's market cap $405.19 Billion

Exxon's quarterly profit of $15.9 billion (including Japan asset sale) came on revenues of $127.4 billion, giving it a profit margin of just over 12%.

The company said it paid $26.6 billion in taxes and royalties during the quarter -- $8.5 billion in the form of income taxes. 12% margin? They are ripping us off I tell you. LOL

How Apple's Phantom Taxes Hide Billions In Profits

They employ thousands of people worldwide.

XOM stock is used in pension funds, retirement funds, and individual investments for families around the world. These are investments for college funds, retirements, new homes, etc...whats wrong with that?

when did it become "bad" to be profitable?

Exxon "makes" about 7 cents a gallon on refined products. From ground to your gas station. While at your gas station take a look at the pump and see how much per gallon goes to government. Much more than 7 cents......

Originally Posted By: Sillicon
It isn't bad to be profitable. But I wonder if that number includes the 3.6 billion that Imperial Oil made? Imperial Oil is owned by ExxonMobil.

Good question ,They prob use Imperial(if legit) profits under a swiss account lol

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
"They didn't build that". Remember that.

XOM didn't build those refineries. They didn't explore those fields or build those wells.

The push for massive confiscation of wealth emanates from that dog-whistle.

XOM did NOT build: The maritime transport industry to ship the oil, our nationwide pipeline infrastructure to transport that oil, the national railway system to also transport it, the national highways to deliver the oil to market, the U.S. Navy to help protect XOM’s tankers from piracy and terrorism on the open seas, the U.S. Coast Guard to supervise the inevitable spill cleanups, the police and fire departments to help protect their oil storage and processing facilities, the federal lands/leases much of that oil and gas originated from, and the futures markets where oil and gas contracts are traded, just to name a few.

One thing XOM most certainly did build: Their expensive lobbying contracts to preserve the $4 billion in taxpayer subsidies their industry currently receives from the wallets of you and I. Sorry, I am not an apologist or propagandist for ExxonMobil like some folks.

Oh, what the heck. XOM did it all themselves! They’re like demigods…

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
When was the last time you drove up to a gas pump only to find a sign "out of gas"? XM did not get to where they are by making the wrong moves. They are an American company as opposed to BP and Royal Dutch Shell. Or maybe some would prefer to buy their gas at Hugo Chavas' Citgo. Let's give some credit to American business that has grown by their success in the marketplace. That's what it's all about. Profit is not a dirty word in America. If you don't like it, take your trade somewhere else. FWIW--Oldtommy

Might you know of any gas stations I can “take my trade elsewhere” to so I don’t pay any more into Big Oil’s $4 billion in subsidies paid for by taxpayers? If so, please let me know -- thanks. Apparently Exxon’s share of that $4 billion in public monies is “what it’s all about.”

Originally Posted By: TC
Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy

4 billion for XOM only? No that is 4 billion for the entire industry. How much taxes does XOM and XOM employee's pay the federal government every year? The DOD can spend 4 billion pretty easily.

Might you know of any gas stations I can “take my trade elsewhere” to so I don’t pay any more into Big Oil’s $4 billion in subsidies paid for by taxpayers? If so, please let me know -- thanks. Apparently Exxon’s share of that $4 billion in public monies is “what it’s all about.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back