Extreme oil flush!!! LA Totally awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 12:30 he recognizes that the low oil pressure light is on, and then warns us of its importance.

I feel like he should have pulled the pan and done a little more to clean up every bit he could before trying anything like this.

Nice to see that the oil light turns off the second time, but holy moly does that seem like a bad idea!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kruse
LOL! MSDS says it's mostly water.

been a while since i looked at that MSDS, but as i recall it had a decent dose of TSP in it as well.

One thng i dont get is that it take him several hours to get the multiple flushes done. How long does it take to get a oil pan down, cleaned and replaced?

At 21:10 he puts in Marvel Mistery Oil to "polish the internals"
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Dave424
At 21:10 he puts in Marvel Mistery Oil to "polish the internals"
lol.gif

I almost added that to my post, but I wanted to leave some golden nuggets for the rest of you!

Originally Posted By: Dave424
He needs this and a few other things from this website.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11&zenid=AvpCz0o4yEAF0AM4ZhdHh2

Shrapnel . Well , he got that part right , but instead of being part of the flush " product " , it is likely what you get after you put the vehicle back on the road / in service .

You will not have me doing this any time soon / at all .

As a side note , remember the " Cash for clunkers " program . Think the dealers were suppose to add sand to the oil to finish off the engines . Wonder what happened to all those engines ? Think they could have used this stuff , in stead of sand ? Sand might have been a little faster .

All of the other parts / accessories ( such as transmissions , starters , alternators , etc. ) should have been as good as the average wrecking yard parts . Wonder what happened to them ?

Best of luck out there . :)

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I miss GHT
frown.gif

11.gif

Agreed.

I use that same cleaner around the house a lot. It's good stuff. Never thought about using it to clean engine internals like that (since I change my oil on time). Haven't seen the big bottle of that Awesome stuff in the stores, but will have to look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back