Expired tags everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't noticed any around here and the police are very pro-active. About a year or two ago I exited the hwy and I see a cruiser monitoring traffic. The car had a headlight out and sure enough he pulls out and follows me. Runs the plate I assume and the info comes back. He makes a left into a driveway and turns back around to go back to his spot I assume. The plate has probably been run a large number of times. What I do notice is they used to look at me very carefully even when driving. I'm sure not just me but other drivers as well. In other cities I don't notice the cops looking at me. But here they do.

Originally Posted By: Kira
To the OP:
1) Go ahead and try "to report" a car with an expired tag. You'll be treated with distain by any police dept.. They'd regard you as a rat.

2) You're not unreasonable with your concern. If they'd catch you or me for expired tags why not the other people? It is galling.

Your acting like an idiot. If they act this way you need to see the city counsel and make sure you encourage removal of bad officers, again assuming you live there.

Originally Posted By: Richie
I'm seeing this a lot in my area of Southern California as well.

I used to live in Socal and couldn't believe how many expired plates I saw. I'd see the same ones month after month. Just goes to show you how effective the police are out there. I moved to Arizona and haven't seen one expired plate yet in 4 years, but then again the police out here do their job.

The drivers of vehicles with expired tabs don’t follow the rules. Likely here illegally so anything else will be on the sly as well. Fills up wherever a siphon house will reach. If they get into a accident they run if they can.

If I don’t follow the rules and laws, I suffer the consequences. The situation is bass ackwards

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
As a former cop, let me add two cents. When I was training, they dumped me off in the hood. Not just any hood, but the worst hood imaginable. Drive down the street and 10 beer bottles would come flying at the patrol car kind of hood. These "people" don't register their car. They don't insure their car. They don't have valid drivers licenses. In the hood, every car is like that. I'm not kidding, you might find ONE legal car, for every ten cars on the road. You could literally arrest every driver, and impound every car driven. That's a pretty petty way to be a cop, when you have drugs being sold, murders being committed, robberies and rapes on a daily basis. The cops are running around putting out fires as best they can, and an unregistered, uninsured car is really far down the totem pole of importance. Especially when you consider the reason WHY these cars are not registered. Money. They all would prefer to have clean driving licenses, registered and insured cars, but they are broke. And would they rather pay off their drivers license fines at $1200, or use what little money they have to buy food, drugs, alcohol, or diapers?

This.

The last thing I'd worry about in a hood would be expired tag. This is one of the reason why deep sub-prime car loans must have some sort of remote lock out feature and / or super high interest rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back