Ever really hurt yourself doing car repairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your fingers and raise you a shoulder:
cry.gif

Stupid mistake preparing to lower the rear axle out of an old Plympouth a few years ago. It was all ready to come out, about to go get my helper with it literally hanging by what I thought was 2 threads on one U-bolt each side. Apparently I misjudged that somewhere between 2 and zero threads, so it let go with me under it. I caught one side, but the other let go a half second later. Badly torn rotator cuff, and other miscellaneous carnage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost got crushed to death by my wife's 1994 Bonneville changing the turn signal flasher. While reaching up under the dash my shirt caught the power seat lever switch pointing out of the front of the seat. Crushed me to the floor, and could barely breathe for like 20 minutes, until I could wiggle to make the seat move back. It was a major panic attack.

Last edited:
Myself, got a piece of metal in my eye because I was young and dumb. Doc used a metal pick, like what the dentist uses on your teeth to dig it out. Im a big believer in safety glasses since. The worst part was the digging it out, not actually getting the metal in my eyeball.

A friend got crushed when a vehicle came off the stands. He died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back