Ever owned a vehicle(s) with only front seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Rx7 has only front seats. There was a rear seat option, I have them in my shed in case I change my mind and want a 2+2 setup (unlikely).

The online description I heard of them was "Imagine sawing your legs off at the knee, and then trying to fold yourself in half".

My Celica has 2+2 seating, and the rear seats are suitable if not spacious. My brother is 5'7", and he fits fine. My mum is 5' and she has no issues back there.

The only issue I have with 2+2 seating is that for someone to sit behind the driver, it sometimes forces the driver into a potentially unsafe seating position to make room for the rear passenger's legs.

My two pickups, although technically the Dakota has little seats back there.

Way back when I had my GMC S-15 Jimmy, it had a back seat, but at that time (back when SUV's were still trucks) it was a $300 factory option.

'97 Ranger. You could either move the seat forward and recline, or scoot it backward and sit straight up. Not a hospitable vehicle for someone with long legs and a bad back.

Yep, several. Current one is my Kawasaki Versys 650 LT.
lol.gif

My truck is a single cab, so yes. It works fine for picking up hay, feed, Home Depot runs, etc, but we tried taking it on vacation two years ago and ended up getting an SUV shortly after everything in the bed got rained on.

I have to ask, what is the point of this question? What is it the OP wants to know?

There seem to be more of these questions, which ask us "something" but not with a lot of meat to it. Is it a bitog attempt for more clicks?

Never.

Though I have considered an MX-5 basically because we NEVER use the back seat in either car.
Seems like more of a waste of space than anything.

Originally Posted by meep
I have to ask, what is the point of this question? What is it the OP wants to know?

There seem to be more of these questions, which ask us "something" but not with a lot of meat to it. Is it a bitog attempt for more clicks?

[off-topic]
The OP, just wants to know.
I think he is half retired.
I don't think all of his (or couple other posters) various threads have many clicks: If the topic is interesting, people will comments/post their experience.
I think this was triggered by the "warm-up" in various Midwestern states, so I guess he saw somebody with the top down and got the idea for this question.
Better than "Waht to put peanut butter on"

My Ranger has only front seats- even though it's an extended cab. Some extended cab Rangers had the little jump seats, but those were optional. An option my truck doesn't have.

My Bronco currently doesn't have the backseat installed; does that count?

Do you still refer to them as "front seats" if there are only two of them to begin with? To call them "front" seats would imply there are back ones
smile.gif

Originally Posted by meep

To get people talking. Easy questions anyone can answer!

My current one in sig, as I've removed almost everything from behind the front seats rearward, save for some of the plastic side trim in the back.
wink.gif

Did the same with my last car, a 2000 Z28.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back