ENEOS Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only place I could get these are at the ENEOS car center. They have this neat display box showing their filter's cutaway. There were 4 filters in the display but i took a close up pic of these two. Seems theirs is made by a company called union filters co.

Looks pretty good to me, costs a little more than the OE filter on my car.

Last edited:
Interesting ... any idea the purpose of the 2 elements in the "Toyota" filter.

Can you not get "regular" filters there like Fram Ultra, Mann, Mobil, Bosch...?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Can you not get "regular" filters there like Fram Ultra, Mann, Mobil, Bosch...?

No Fram, Mann, Mobil Filters In Malaysia. BOSCH is possible but seems harder and harder to source nowadays.

They have two elements to filter out the gelling that I quite common in Toyota's, if oil never gets up to operating temperature, after a while just turns to sludge, the properties in oil help to fight moisture but over the interval will break down just like the hydraulic fluid in your break system, it will eventually start to work against you, leading to oxidation in the top end at first than work it's way down ;-) American vehicle's I've never heard of the oil gelling in them, that's why we use good oil in a little less filter, American cars will burn the oil before it gets a chance to gel, I believe from and engineering standpoint, we as Americans just build it better, there is no perfect car but look at Craig's list, how many Toyota's are up for sale with mechanical engine defects vs, let's say a Ford or Chevy, car for car pound for pound, we just build it better no need for a $17 oil filter unless it's a K&N, and your hot rodding it out, just my thoughts

Originally Posted By: binkis
They have two elements to filter out the gelling that I quite common in Toyota's, if oil never gets up to operating temperature, after a while just turns to sludge, the properties in oil help to fight moisture but over the interval will break down just like the hydraulic fluid in your break system, it will eventually start to work against you, leading to oxidation in the top end at first than work it's way down ;-) American vehicle's I've never heard of the oil gelling in them, that's why we use good oil in a little less filter, American cars will burn the oil before it gets a chance to gel, I believe from and engineering standpoint, we as Americans just build it better, there is no perfect car but look at Craig's list, how many Toyota's are up for sale with mechanical engine defects vs, let's say a Ford or Chevy, car for car pound for pound, we just build it better no need for a $17 oil filter unless it's a K&N, and your hot rodding it out, just my thoughts

Wow.

Originally Posted By: MikeHigg
That Toyota filter is definitely interesting, wonder what their idea is behind it.
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Thats for a parallel fluid path oil filter, one element is very fine, and the other element more coarse. The result is better filtration overall as the tiniest particles get caught in the finer filter, but you can't run the finer element 100% since they need to limit pressure drop across the entire filter. I wish there was more of this concept to be found. MicroGreen oil filters work this way too. Trucker's oil filters are available using this concept. Definitely get the parallel flow path oil filters if you can. They scrub out more junk.

^^^ The 2 tier element is like a built in "by-pass" filter that takes out finer particles. Kind of a neat idea.

Malaysia is the manufacturing home of Union Sangyo filters. I used them before, nicely made. That is a good idea, it seems, with the dual element. Microgreen does something like that. Wonder why more aren't that way. Of course with FRAM ULTRA you get the best in one element, with the STAINLESS STEEL SCREEN behind.
Score one more filter for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back