Eneloop battery life?

I've started replacing as many alkalines and zinc cells as possible. I've ended up with many leaks over the years, but have never had an Eneloop (or the newer Fujitsu LSD equivalents) leak in any way that left any residue. I've only had a couple that either failed or where maybe a bit of dust came out the positive terminal.. Even if an alkaline didn't damage the device, it still got pretty nasty, and I'm not sure what that dust that I can't clean out does for the electrical characteristics. I didn't have too many matched pairs of LSD NiMH AAs, but now that I found some IKEA Ladda AAAs an AAs, I have enough to swap in and out. I don't care so much about total run time, but for remotes, flashlights, and computer mice it works a lot better when I can just keep spares and swap them in and out rather than trying to use the entire capacity range of alkaline. Understand that these partial discharges mean literally thousands of such charges before the battery should degrade enough to affect my style of use.

Back