Egg prices near you.....yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Michigan. I can get a doz eggs for a little under 4.00. My daughter in Colorado said theirs are almost 6.00. This avian flu wiping out millions of chickens hurts!

What prices are you seeing?

seeing + reading about industrial farming its a wonder any animal or bird even lives to be food!! journalists + picture taking have been mostly banned because they dont want us to see the truth meanwhile smaller operations get harassed sometimes by government "officials" because small cleaner farms cut into BIG FOOD profits!!! we live in a great country BUT there should be a lot of changes as most everything is run by big $$$$

A similar thread that ran here:

I am going to bypass the middle man and start buying my eggs directly from the hen owner. A friend of mine has chickens and he’s asking $10 for 30.
There are more factors out there besides Avian Flu. If production costs outpace what the distributor is willing to pay, the producer will take hens out of production. Transportation costs is another factor. I don’t believe that we are getting the whole story from the government or their media parrots.

Kroger is $4.69 for their cheapest dozen. Columbus, OH.
Same in SW Ohio at Kroger and Walmart. The small grocery store in our town, part of a smaller, regional chain in OH, IN, and N KY used to be substantially cheaper for eggs compared to the big stores but now they're $1 more per dozen for the smallest eggs. The extra large dozen eggs are $7.49 !

A similar thread that ran here:

aye

I get mine from the Amish. If you think an egg is an egg.... no.

Seeing between $4 and $5 a dozen... depending on size, or white/brown.

I get mine from the Amish. If you think an egg is an egg.... no.

Seeing between $4 and $5 a dozen... depending on size, or white/brown.
Ya Brown are more expensive because the hen is larger and requires more feed. At least that's per my boss man who grew up on a chicken farm in S. Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back