Effect of a tragic event on value of a home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tragic happened in my neighborhood. House was in foreclosure and neglected a bit. Sold for $100,000 below market.

Overly active imagination. There's wind and heat expands and contracts materials at different rates depending on the material. There's tons of blood and bodily fluids at the hospital. Even long lived virus/bacteria will be dead after a few days.

I used to live in a house where there were lots of noises. It sounded like someone was breaking in.

No, it wasn't ghosts, or any of that supernatural stuff, just a really cheaply built house creaking in the wind.

There was something similar in a house in the neighboring county. They had an intruder, the older man that lived there got in a struggle with the intruder, and killed him. Unfortunately, the old man died as well before an ambulance could get there. Though paraded as a hero, the family had a very hard time selling the house. Even listing $75k under market value, nobody wanted it. It was finally sold off to a neighboring high density development that demolished the house.

My grandfather died in the house that I lived in as a kid. I remember it well. We slept there in peace thereafter until we sold it a few years later.

I'd pass.

Strange noises in the middle of the night where a murder occurred is not fun. Especially when strange things happen without an explanation.
That just means you likely have at least one phrogger in the house.

Last edited:
A few years ago, I had a racoon living in my garage for a while. The garage is under my living room. Depending on where I was in the house it sounded like someone else was in the house. I could hear footsteps, scratching, and whimpering. I baited him with raw bacon and managed to catch him wearing gardening gloves in the garage. In the cat carrier he went and we went for a ride to the Presidio where he is still enjoying his new home.

My wife is superstitious but I’m not. I’d take the deal on a house like that and pay a priest a few bucks to come over and bless a HD sprayer bottle and go to town on the place. That and some strategically placed crosses that can’t pivot upside down by accident and I’m in business!

If the person murdered was famous the house would probably sell for more.

As a buyer I wouldnt care.

Lots of houses have had people die or been killed in them.

My wife is superstitious but I’m not. I’d take the deal on a house like that and pay a priest a few bucks to come over and bless a HD sprayer bottle and go to town on the place. That and some strategically placed crosses that can’t pivot upside down by accident and I’m in business!

I have to admit I’m superstitious and avoid certain things....

You are nicer than me. I would have fed him lead vitimins, preferrably right between the eyes.
That treatment is reserved for two-legged varmint. I think I've said the following before. Someone may well get into my house but they ain't walkin' out.

If the person murdered was famous the house would probably sell for more.

As a buyer I wouldnt care.

Lots of houses have had people die or been killed in them.

But there’s a big difference between an elderly person that died of old age and a very violent, bloody crime scene like the OJ Simpson murders....

🥵

But there’s a big difference between an elderly person that died of old age and a very violent, bloody crime scene like the OJ Simpson murders....

🥵
Just goes to show you the power of the media and people's imaginations.

No evidence for any ghosts. Doesn't matter how people die, they're still dead regardless. Yet people get freaked out and it reduces the demand so the houses don't sell. I'm just glad in my state it's not even a disclosure requirement but you just have to tell them if they ask and if you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back