EDGE new packaging for SN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Carbon12
Is that a butterfly yo-yo on the bottle?

Looks like a new kind of "HTHS testing machine".
laugh.gif

Whatever it is, I think it's Lovely
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Is there any titanium in the Magnatec's add pack mix (even though they don't shout about it on the label)?

Just enough to claim for marketing. 55 PPM is nothing. Kendall has twice the titanium.

Looks like pressure makes green globs come out of the oil??
To be honest, I don't like any suggestion that the oil is going to turn green in my engine...

Originally Posted By: boom10ful
Is there any titanium in the Magnatec's add pack mix (even though they don't shout about it on the label)?

Just enough to claim for marketing. 55 PPM is nothing. Kendall has twice the titanium.

So twice the titanium is better? What does titanium do and why is more better?

That’s a baseless claim if I’ve ever heard one. The ELEMENTS that show up on VOA tell very little about the underlying compounds. There can be many different compounds that show up as the same element on a VOA, for example, Moly.

Hello all,
I was on Castrol website and found this pdf.
0W-20, 5W-20 and 5W-30 shows being GM Dexos1.
The file says at bottom as Jun 2014.

https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/73A258BA225A396680257D03006D47BE/$File/EDGE%20US%20PDS.pdf

Hope it helps.

Today at the gas station I've seen bottles of the 5W20 with the "for GM engines use 0W20 instead" label. It does not have the dexos logo on it.

A number of the oil companies have gone to titanium for part of their additive packages. Valvoline is another one.

The idea that more of something is better is a dead end argument. At some point the benefits start to decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back