Early Christmas from Shell ROTELLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Caldwell Walmart needs to carry the product. I run the 5W-40 in the wifes powerstroke and thetractor for the winter starts.

Have you tried D&B?

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
- suitable for just about everything, except a Powerstoke ... but I digress

That you have to use Delvac 1 LE 5w-30 for, since that E6 lube is on the previous iteration of the list, despite being a low P lube, but I digress, too.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
please tell me that you'll run it longer than 10k kms (lie to me if you must, so I can sleep well tonight).

I'm not sure what intervals I'm going to run it at. I suspect that if I got UOAs done, the Multi-Vehicle 5w-30 would go significantly longer than 10,000 km, considering its starting TBN of 11.

Guys, Dave isn't being a wet blanket. It may come off that way, but he's simply pointing out that this lube has obvious capabilities for extended drains. And let's be honest here. Who really wouldn't want to know how far it can go? 5,000 and 10,000 km aren't even the slightest challenge, generally speaking, to a high TBN, enhanced HTHS lubricant, unless one has a fuel system just loading up that oil and never got up to temps.

ZZMan is set for a while, too!

For the Canadians here who are interested, NAPA Canada can likely get it in, too, as it's on their website. Their price is a bit higher than it should be, but not insane; that's just NAPA for you and they do get specials. The distributor is probably the best bet.

LoneRanger: There may be more than one reason why there is no dexos1 approval, but the most obvious is that the HTHS is too high for ILSAC approval. With respect to dexos2 approval (i.e. Chevy Cruze diesel), the HTHS is right, but the SA is too high. The specifications met by this lubricant are mutually exclusive to dexos1 and dexos2.

Originally Posted By: BoiseRob
Originally Posted By: CT8
Caldwell Walmart needs to carry the product. I run the 5W-40 in the wifes powerstroke and thetractor for the winter starts.

Have you tried D&B?
No and I seem to go there about once a month for the old people discounts on tuesdays Thanks !!

Originally Posted By: ChrisGuerrero
Thanks for the shout out, Garak! The Shell Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle product is now available at NAPA and O’Reilly’s location. Please call to inquire as the product may not be displayed on the shelves just yet. In addition, NAPA has the product available online.

Thank you for the availability information. I would use this stuff in everything in my signature plus tractors (gas and diesel), ope etc. I wonder if I could get a deal by purchasing by the 2.5 gal jugs.

I sent Chris a PM a while ago and didn't receive a reply much less some product.

You guys are da bombs
35.gif

Just ordered 2 gallons from Oreillys here in Windsor CO and it will be here today. I’ll use it in my 2006 Tundra with the 4.7 2UZ-FE engine. Looks like it should be a good oil

I have been using Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 for the past 80,000 miles or so. Don’t know if this will be any better or worse but I’ll give it a run regardless

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
Nice! What's the pricing looking like down there?

Too expensive IMO! Picked up 2 gallons and it was almost $30 a gallon. I’ve been buying the Pennzoil Platinum for $24 for a 5qt jug.

I called and ordered it thinking it would be priced similarly to the T6 5w40. I was stunned to find out it was almost $75 for 2 gallons and a Wix filter. Maybe it’s that O’Reillys is just that much more expensive than WalMart but I hope it’s priced more competitively or more widely available in the near future

I'd say that's not too terribly bad. It's a bit high, but if that were up here at a regular price at a normal retail outlet, that would be nearly acceptable. Here, the product will come in 5 L jugs, and Walmart and Canadian Tire will want close to $50 for it. I believe our NAPA's regular price is close to $40 for 5 litres, which is nearly where I could live with it. Up here, my best price would be just over $30 for a 5 L jug, which, given the value of our dollar and the extra 1.2 litres, is reasonable.

Up here, of course, it's hard to compete with CT or Walmart when they have sales, but their regular prices are just gouging of epic proportions. I know they're making [good] money when they sell their synthetics even at under $30 a jug, much less their regular $50 price.

I don't believe it comes in a 10w-30; that's T5 if I remember correctly. As for the HTHS, it's not listed, but will almost certainly be at or just above 3.5, given SAE grade and the API and ACEA specs involved. The minimum is 3.5, and being a 30, won't pole vault far over that minimum.

Thanks Bighorn.

So far the ADN and ACD with less than 4.5 Noack is looking good...just need to check what Duron & Rotella have; the Premium Blue is 11%.

I run the Duron SHP 10w30 as I found it cheaper than Rotella T5 and The Mototmaster (Citgo) 10w30. Duron had better cold flow properties than the others as well.

I think I might go price out this T6 5w30, would like a standard fleet oil for my Tb, Ram and the other odds and ends in my yard.

Originally Posted By: ofelas
Debating between ADN, ACD, Duron SHP 10w30 and a Rotella 10w30...your thoughts ?

They're all rather outstanding lubes. If I were going by shorter intervals, I'd go for the cheaper variants, of course.

Originally Posted By: Garak
It's in tonight. It might be a slightly lighter colour then the last fresh Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 I put in, but that could just as easily be my imagination.

Good pick on the NAPA GOLD also sir
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back