Eagle 1 Gel Wax Review Part ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've forgotten if this is my 3rd or 4th review of the E1GW.

Well, now that we're well into the summer and it has been hot all over the country, I have had even more chances to test the E1GW on several different types of vehicles. My most recent is an '06 BMW Z4 3.0 si, metalic black w/tan & black interior. "Sweet leathe'a"

After giving the whole car a nice bath and fixing some scrapes down low in the chin area, I decided to use E1GW on the paint as I did like the results on several cars that I had done recently. Keep in mind that I typicaly don't post pic's as this allows the readers to use their imagination. Besides, pictures always look good,(or not!)

The Z4 roadster was in the shaded area the whole time I was cleaning the car as it was very hot this Saturday afternoon and later in the day than I usually like to work on black vehicles. I love to wash small cars like the Z4 as it only takes minutes to wash/dry. I only lightly washed the convertable top and it had dried while I Eagle 1'd the paint.

This car must have had plenty of wax or like products on the paint as it already looked O.K. after washing/drying. The E1GW applied easely but due to the heat and humidity of the afternoon, the E1GW was becomming harder to remove so, I had to do only small areas.

I had tried earlier in the season(around June), the E1GW on my black Firebird FORMULA during the heat of the early afternoon, leaving some E1GW on a small spot(12"x12") in the sun and it removed decently w/o too much trouble. But the longer you leave on the E1GW, the more difficult it is to remove but, not hard per/say like Blue Corral of 40 years ago.(You would have needed a chissel with that stuff).

But, when doing the black BMW in late July and the humidity is in the air, no wax is as easy to remove as it is on a less humid day. But the job got done in still less time than regular waxing. Smaller areas of E1GW must be used and removed right away in order to do a vehicle in a timely fashion. Put it on and take it off(wipe on/wipe off) almost in one single motion using both hands. Application pad in one hand and a micro fiber towel in the other.

Still, when leaving the E1GW for long periods of time on the BMW, the E1GW was able to be removed w/o killing yourself but, smeared and streaked which required more rubbing and flipping over your micro fibre towel often. I suggest using another micro fiber towel or several, for the final polishing as the 1st towel can get really loaded up with product. I strongly recomend micro fiber towels as they absorb and hold the product better than other types.

Needless to say the BMW looked(not new looking and clean) but, brand new! The paint had that smooth, just clayed feel and looked 3 feet deep as though I could run and jump into the reflection. Only your imagination can picture this as the pic's that I could post would certainly look good(or not!). The E1GW leaves not white residue in stone chips/scratches so the finish is near perfect. E1GW also contributes to hiding fine scratches and flaws like most other products but, I won't say that it does it better.

Later in the afternoon as tha E1GW had cured(or was curing), the paint looked even better, harder, even hard shell looking, like nothing could penitrate it. The gold metalic in the paint matched the tan interior nicely and with the top down and I pulled the car out front. It was a spectical for all to see. As folks jogging/walking/biking in front of the house looked on, I thought some of them were going to run into a tree as they couldn't peel their eyes away for the little roadster.

I do like this product(E1GW) for it's ease of use but, can become difficult to remove(but never impossible) when left on the paint in the direct sun or on a humid day. It doesn't seem to last very long but the results are very good especially if you want your vehicle looking it's best quickely for a 1 event time such as a wedding or car show.

And because of E1GW ease of use, I suggest right away, a 2nd application on the top portions of any vehicle(hood/roof/trunk lid) or anywhere there are peoples focus of attention, right where their eyes focus most on a vehicle, especially the hood and front fascia!

E1GW will bead up water for at least a good month but will slowly fade away requiring another application. It isn't a 6 month wax. I like using it for those special occasions or that special car.

Great review.
I've been using plain jane Turtle Wax liquid wax forever and maybe its time to give this a try. I generally love Eagle 1 products and I use Wax-As-U-Dry every time I wash my car.

Great review!

California Customs M-RON Glass would blow your mind. They actually advise you to let the wax bake on in the sun. I usually wax, let the car sit in the sun for an hour, then break out the microfiber and literally just dust the residue off. Leaves an immaculate shine and the finish comes out as smooth as if you just clay barred. Water bead's perfectly with even drops and lasts on my car for ~3 months, but that's because I wash twice a week. Makes the salt/chloride in the winter just run right off the car.

I agree that Eagle 1 GelWax is an excellent product. I would only use it in the shade on a fairly cool surface. If you do this and use it sparingly on a surface already in good condition, it is very easy to apply and remove. Several people have commented on the shine and the smooth finish on my 06 Mustang GT. By the way, it is on sale again at O'Reilly's.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Great review.
I've been using plain jane Turtle Wax liquid wax forever and maybe its time to give this a try. I generally love Eagle 1 products and I use Wax-As-U-Dry every time I wash my car.

Yes, I like the WAUD too! I use it and other products similarly.

Originally Posted By: Scorch
Great review!

California Customs M-RON Glass would blow your mind. They actually advise you to let the wax bake on in the sun. I usually wax, let the car sit in the sun for an hour, then break out the microfiber and literally just dust the residue off. Leaves an immaculate shine and the finish comes out as smooth as if you just clay barred. Water bead's perfectly with even drops and lasts on my car for ~3 months, but that's because I wash twice a week. Makes the salt/chloride in the winter just run right off the car.

This product sounds great too! I have never heard of it but I am somewhat interested though still reluctant to use anything these days that dries to a haze. It's the stone chip thing you have to understand, espceially on darker paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back