Duramax-Delo 400 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Blackstone, my lastest analysis has Moly and Boron in it. Blackstone says this does not look like Delo as they don't use Moly or Boron. All the other elements looked basically the same as the other two samples I had tested except for copper which has dropped to normal.

Looks like a similar add pack to Delvac 1300s then.Very high praise indeed.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wlkjr:
According to Blackstone, my lastest analysis has Moly and Boron in it. Blackstone says this does not look like Delo as they don't use Moly or Boron. All the other elements looked basically the same as the other two samples I had tested except for copper which has dropped to normal.

Chevron just recently reformulated Chevron Delo400 for the new CI-4plus specifcation. It could be possible that this is where the moly and boron are coming from if you happened to use CI-4plus. Until we see a VOA of the new oil, we won't know for sure.

Hammer

A VOA on another forum confirms the addition of Moly and and Boron. This is some oil now!

I was in the local Wal-Mart in NJ and they have the new oil. The container has a yellow flag on the front announcing the improved formula and it has the plus rating on the seal on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back