Duragloss 501 and 105

Looking through my box of auto detailing supplies I found a container of Duragloss 105 and another of 501 but cannot remember the difference.

Either one better than the Powe Lock Plus that is my current favorite? Always looking for best long term protection vs showroom gloss.

105 is heavy on sealant whereas 501 has more cleaning ability. I used them both when I detailed for a living. 105 has a bit more longevity.

Power Lock + was not around when I detailed so I cannot compare it to Duragloss. I can say that 105 was extremely easy to apply and remove with long-lasting results. This was when applied to a correctly prepared surface. I'd think twice before dumping it. The 501 proved itself when doing a one-step on a budget-minded customer's car.

In my humble semi-pro detailing opinion, PowerLock Plus is great!

As RTexasF alluded to, the key is a properly prepared surface.

For me, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish after the wash and clay, then two coats of PowerLock Plus “following the label directions.” Any needed correction is assumed.

Granted, my rides are garaged and I’m not located in Key West nor El Centro, CA.

I normally get 9-12 months before I have to repeat a full detail.

Your longevity may vary.

DG 501 has decent cleaning abilities and protection.

A good AIO for the price.

I'm currently using 3D Speed as a AIO 3-4 times/yr and following maintenance washes with 3D Bead-It-Up as a drying aid.

Easy combo and good results so far.

Back