Dunkin' Donuts Getting Healthy???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love these "Smart Criteria"...I'll feel better about continuing to eat my donuts knowing that there are healthier options available behind the counter.

Dunkin' Donuts debuts DDSMART menu
(Foodbusinessnews.net, July 30, 2008)
by Eric Schroeder

CANTON, MASS. — Dunkin’ Donuts has launched DDSMART, the brand’s first menu of better-for-you options. The menu items, which will be available beginning in August, feature a distinctive new logo and include both new and existing Dunkin' Donuts food and beverages that meet at least one of the following criteria: 25% fewer calories; 25% less sugar, fat, saturated fat or sodium than comparable fare; and/or contain ingredients that are nutritionally beneficial.

"Understanding what our busy, on-the-go customers want, and constantly innovating to meet those needs is the single biggest reason for our brand’s growth and success," said Will Kussell, president and chief brand officer. "Both our customers and franchisees have told us they’re looking for a greater breadth of menu choices that include better-for-you options, without compromising quality, taste and value."

The menu will include new Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches, which, according to Dunkin’ Donuts, make it the first national quick-service restaurant chain to introduce egg white sandwiches. The sandwiches will be available in turkey sausage (featuring turkey sausage, spinach and reduced-fat mozzarella cheese); and veggie (featuring peppers, onions, mushrooms and reduced-fat cheddar cheese). Both are under 300 calories, with 9 grams of fat or less, and are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.

The DDSMART menu also includes coffees, lattes and espressos; Reduced Calorie Berry Smoothie; unsweetened iced tea; Coffee Coolatta made with skim milk, which has 0 grams of fat per serving; egg and cheese, or ham, egg and cheese sandwiches served on an English muffin at 350 calories or less; and Dunkin’ Donuts’ Multigrain Bagel, with 8 grams of total fat per serving.

Last edited:
There goes again.

So, where am I going to eat that delicious trans fat? There seem to be fewer and fewer outlets serving it in the generous amounts worthy of my diet?

Yeah, you'll have to settle for conventional saturated fats from now on. I suggest a pound of bacon, 3-5 large eggs (over easy), whole wheat toast (just for the notion of "good") with real butter. Chase with whole milk ..or coffee with real cream. Use a sugar substitute ..Splenda works well. Nitrates can be your new addiction.

Comparing a DDs croissant sandwich to Burger Kings I have to say BK is just dripping with fat. (And I'm not claiming to dislike it.)

For the price, BKs comes with hash browns and coffee too. DD coffee is what, $1.70 for a small?

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
It may be healthier, but standing in line for 20minutes during the heart of the morning rush isn't worth the time.

You've got the wrong south central Asian management crew at that DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back