Ducati Superquadro Mono

80 hp and 10,000 rpm. I would like to see this in a modern version of the Supermono.
1699491262838.jpeg

80 hp and 10,000 rpm. I would like to see this in a modern version of the Supermono.View attachment 187505
That would actually be cool too, unfortunately its a non starter for my lower back...

With the increasing market share of smaller bikes i could see this engine going into a wider range, maybe a SuperSport 698...

Only one live sound clip i can find with and it is with the racing exhaust - sounds good but racing exhaust is too loud...

Oh and additionally Ducati apparently has an entry into the Italian Motocross Series. Not much information, but supermotard traditionally being a dirt bike with street wheels/tires one might wonder aloud if there's any crossover here....

Does it rev hi like the Ducati?

It can...I believe you can set the rev limit as high as 12,500 rpm...good if you have a ton of mods, but a waste for the stock setup.

I have a few modest mods, and have my limiter set around 10k...it is running out of breath by then, so I shift earlier.

This type of bike is for ripping around a short and tight circuit, stunting, or making the daily commute a blast. I don't see a high-revving hp curve being an advantage in this segment. I would love to see a Vitpilen 701 vs this new Duc...it would be interesting.

Now, give me this setup (super lightweight, semi aggressive position, great shocks, etc) with a super high revving 4 cylinder 400, and better aero, and I would be throwing my money...

1699538909438.jpg

Oh and additionally Ducati apparently has an entry into the Italian Motocross Series. Not much information, but supermotard traditionally being a dirt bike with street wheels/tires one might wonder aloud if there's any crossover here....
Definitely a different engine, but also very cool.

Back