Driving though deep water

That is kind of a famous place where the road is a well known shortcut but the locals don't want a bridge built because it would bring a lot more traffic and kill off their lucrative towing and repair businesses.

Last edited:
That place is very infamous and held sacred by both local idiots and visiting tourists, both deserving expensive repair bills because they knowingly drive through even though there are always some people hanging out and records the incidents so there is plenty of indicators that this is a trap.

The Hackensack River feeds our reservoir system and you bought processed water from the Hackensack Water Company.
Suez bought the company.
The trucks say Veolia today.
Musical utilities?

And people who drive through water are daft.

When I was little we lived in the country. A "highway" soon to be replaced ran in front of our house.

In the winter it was impassible due to deep snow. In the spring there were mud holes. My brother made a few bucks dragging passing cars out of a couple of the mud holes with our farm tractor. In those days (the early 1950s) people traveled long distances by train.

With the coming of better roads, many of the smaller towns disappeared. Driving 30 miles to buy groceries became a thing. That's progress I guess.

<--- The rig on my left has been through some deep water. Maybe 4 feet +/-. Certainly over the tires and filled the tub.

It's a PITA, as you need to change the lube in everything afterward.
Even with high breathers?

Been through some water with my Xterra and Frontier - they don't call it "lowcountry" for nothing. Deepest maybe only 18 inches. both diff's and trans have breathers very high. I have drained them all after one particular crazy outing and everything was lube only?

Even with high breathers?

Been through some water with my Xterra and Frontier - they don't call it "lowcountry" for nothing. Deepest maybe only 18 inches. both diff's and trans have breathers very high. I have drained them all after one particular crazy outing and everything was lube only?

Sure, always a good idea after deep water crossings in case of intrusion via seals. I probably wouldn't replace for 18" though, as that is only about halfway up my tires.

The Hackensack River feeds our reservoir system and you bought processed water from the Hackensack Water Company.
Suez bought the company.
The trucks say Veolia today.
Musical utilities?

And people who drive through water are daft.
I grew up on that water. Still tastes the same today…

It’s always incredible to me how many try.

The recent heavy rains really overflowed a river right by my house. Cars were abandoned due to going in and stalling. One road not far away goes below a railroad bridge, and it’s a low point. It flooded bad last spring and I saw someone lose their car there too. If I can’t tell the depth, no way will I go in.

Been through some floods in SETX. Had water seeping into the cab under the doors. Once went through a deep spot and water just got up over the front edge of the hood. Never hydro locked but I bet it was close.

Back